    I'm all for that digital stuff, but I like my books on paper.

    thanks,

    bruno.

    bruno , Nov 16, 2004

  2. bruno

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 16 Nov 2004 05:35:05 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "bruno"
    wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I find the Nikon D70 user guide a bit dry and was looking for a bit more
    >info. By the look of it there are several ebooks available on the Nikon D70:
    >
    ><http://www.bythom.com/d70guide.htm>
    ><http://www.digitalsecrets.net/secrets/D70/D70FAQ.html>
    >
    >Do any of you have one (or both :) of these ? Would you recommend it ?
    >
    >I'm not familiar with the e-book format. Is that just a pdf file (I have
    >accroread), or is it burried into some propriatory file format that will
    >only work under Windows ?

    I have Tom Hogan's. Looks pretty thorough on the first read through.
    The eBook itself is a pdf file. There are some included excel spreadsheets
    and a word doc. From what I understand the INova book also contains a lot
    of Photoshop actions. Not using PS, I couldn't't justify the higher price.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Nov 16, 2004

  3. "bruno" (wtorek 16 listopad 2004 06:35):

    > <http://www.bythom.com/d70guide.htm>
    > <http://www.digitalsecrets.net/secrets/D70/D70FAQ.html>
    >
    > Do any of you have one (or both :) of these ? Would you recommend it ?

    I have the second one (by Peter iNova). In general it is a compilation of
    D70 manual, Adobe Photoshop manual, theory and history of photography and
    some "actions" for Photoshop. It is a great book for novice, who wants to
    start with photography, D70 and Photoshop. In other case it is just a waste
    of money. I was really disappointed reading my copy.

    Jakub

    Jakub Roguski, Nov 20, 2004
  4. Thom Hogan's book is more technical and thorough, well written, and
    extremely useful. He also posts updates, changes, corrections on his web
    site.

    Eugene Hurwitz, Nov 20, 2004