    photography" available on amazon for $35 for both paper book and ebook form?
    also i see that magic lantern has a book for the d70 due out on 12/30/04 and
    that buy.com is accepting orders. any insight on that book? thanks.

    Christopher Muto, Nov 13, 2004

  2. "Christopher Muto" <> wrote in message
    > any one have comments on the dennis curtin book "a short course in nikon
    > d70 photography" available on amazon for $35 for both paper book and ebook
    > form? also i see that magic lantern has a book for the d70 due out on
    > 12/30/04 and that buy.com is accepting orders. any insight on that book?
    > thanks.

    Thom Hogan has written a complete guide to the Nikon D70, an e-book in .pdf
    format (on disk) cleverly titled "Complete Guide to the Nikon D70" . Thom is
    an excptionally clear technical writer, and he is honest about pros and cons
    of the cameras he reviews, even to the point of irritating Nikon a little.
    Definitely no-spin books. I have his other books on the S2 Pro and Nikon
    D2H. They are exceptionally well-written, very comprehensive and extremely
    useful. I have no doubt that the D70 e-book is the same.

    Look at http://www.bythom.com/d70guide.htm

    HMc

    Howard McCollister, Nov 13, 2004

  3. Christopher Muto

    G-Man Guest

    I have Thom Hogan's book, Peter iNova's book and the Short Course.

    In order I'd go:

    Thom
    Peter
    Dennis

    G-Man

    PS, all good books, Short course is very elementary.

    G-Man, Nov 14, 2004
  4. Christopher Muto

    Eager Guest

    In article <FQold.1169$tI3.386@trndny01>, Christopher Muto
    <> wrote:

    > any one have comments on the dennis curtin book "a short course in nikon d70
    > photography" available on amazon for $35 for both paper book and ebook form?
    > also i see that magic lantern has a book for the d70 due out on 12/30/04 and
    > that buy.com is accepting orders. any insight on that book? thanks.

    I agree with the recommendations for Thom Hogan's book -- it's
    technically deep and very complete. I read it once after I bought the
    D70 and learned a ton. A couple months later I reread the entire book
    and found lots of material that I wasn't yet ready for during the first
    reading. Now it's a couple months later and I'm probably due for
    another reading...

    -=-Joe

    Eager, Nov 14, 2004
  5. Thanks to everyone that replied.