    portraits, probably mostly indoors...

    Thanks,
    Irax.

    Iraxl Enb, Dec 2, 2005

  2. Iraxl Enb

    Pete D Guest

    The 18-200mm in the Sigma or better still in the Tamron is a much better
    choice.

    Pete D, Dec 2, 2005

  3. Iraxl Enb

    Jim Guest

    "Iraxl Enb" <> wrote in message
    > Anybody using this lens? And if so, opinions? I want to use it as a
    > mainly general purpose lens, and family portraits, probably mostly
    > indoors...
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Irax.

    You don't need such a long lens for portraits. You need a wider lens
    outdoors where wide angle shots really shine.
    At f3.5-f5.6 it is rather slow.
    So, there must be a better choice that fits your budget.
    Jim

    Jim, Dec 2, 2005
  4. Iraxl Enb

    Guns/Zen4 Guest

    Even better is a Nikkor. There's one on eBay right now with no bids on it
    (mine)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7568419496

    email usenet at firstaidco dot ca

    Guns/Zen4, Dec 3, 2005
  5. Iraxl Enb

    Iraxl Enb Guest

    Iraxl Enb, Dec 5, 2005
  6. Iraxl Enb

    Guns/Zen4 Guest

    It probably costs me $18 at Canada Post (to the US) with insurance and
    signature requested (never ship anything of value without requesting a
    signature. I learned my lesson the hard way). Add $7 for packing... I break
    even. Just a round number and I was going to put a lower price in Canada but
    got lazy. Besides, I said you can pick up or specify a different shipping
    method.

    For you, I'll make it $7 plus actual shipping cost, you tell me how to ship
    it.

    Guns/Zen4, Dec 5, 2005