    would like to find a more elegant solution for the D70.

    Thanks,
    Roger

    Roger, Mar 9, 2005

  2. Roger

    [BnH] Guest

    Buy a IR remote control for the D70 ? :)

    =bob=

    [BnH], Mar 9, 2005

  3. Roger

    Hornbill Guest

    Is there one such Remote Control??
    How much is the price?

    Hornbill, Mar 9, 2005
  4. Roger

    Hugh Jorgan Guest

    The price is free, the remote costs a bit more though.
    Hahahaha...oh...err...sorry.

    Hugh Jorgan, Mar 9, 2005
  5. Roger

    [BnH] Guest

    ML-L1 ... ML-L3 ... ?

    I was dumping them for AUD 30+ a while back in eBAY ... BHPhoto I think is
    selling them for USD 20 or so.

    =bob=

    [BnH], Mar 9, 2005
  6. Roger

    Eager Guest

    Eager, Mar 9, 2005
  7. Roger

    Hornbill Guest

    Thanks.

    Hornbill, Mar 9, 2005
  8. You can also use a universal TV or VCR remote, program it to code 066. This
    was posted on here earlier this week.

    I tried it with my TV remote and it worked, but I bought the little nikon
    remote anyways. It's small and attaches to the camera strap.

    hotchkisstrio, Mar 11, 2005
  9. Roger

    Owamanga Guest

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:05:12 -0800, "hotchkisstrio"
    <> wrote:

    >You can also use a universal TV or VCR remote, program it to code 066. This
    >was posted on here earlier this week.

    Yeah, and if you code it to 666, it can be used to control the wife.

    >I tried it with my TV remote and it worked, but I bought the little nikon
    >remote anyways. It's small and attaches to the camera strap.

    ....you just need a 15ft camera strap to use it at any distance.

    --
    Owamanga!
    http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

    Owamanga, Mar 11, 2005
  10. Roger

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:36:46 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Owamanga
    <owamanga(not-this-bit)@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:05:12 -0800, "hotchkisstrio"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I tried it with my TV remote and it worked, but I bought the little nikon
    >>remote anyways. It's small and attaches to the camera strap.

    >...you just need a 15ft camera strap to use it at any distance.

    Actually, the little slip in case attaches to the strap, not the
    remote itself.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Mar 11, 2005
  11. Roger

    Owamanga Guest

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:08:25 -0500, Ed Ruf <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:36:46 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Owamanga
    ><owamanga(not-this-bit)@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:05:12 -0800, "hotchkisstrio"
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I tried it with my TV remote and it worked, but I bought the little nikon
    >>>remote anyways. It's small and attaches to the camera strap.

    >>...you just need a 15ft camera strap to use it at any distance.

    >Actually, the little slip in case attaches to the strap, not the
    >remote itself.

    I know, I was just being annoying. I keep mine in one of the
    elasticated loops in the camera bag lid that used to hold rolls of
    film in days gone by.

    --
    Owamanga!
    http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

    Owamanga, Mar 11, 2005
  12. Roger

    Ryan Guest

    "[BnH]" wrote:

    > Buy a IR remote control for the D70 ? :)

    Roger, to my knowledge, you cannot disable this light when using the
    self timer mode.

    As for the remote (The ML-L3, or you can program most Palm devices with
    IR using Omniremote and a database download), the light flashes and the
    camera beeps upon completion of a photograph, so this is not a solution
    either. (the beep can be silenced, but the light will flash)

    Ryan, Mar 15, 2005
  13. Roger

    Roger Guest

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:55:35 GMT, Ryan <>
    wrote:

    >As for the remote (The ML-L3, or you can program most Palm devices with
    >IR using Omniremote and a database download), the light flashes and the
    >camera beeps upon completion of a photograph, so this is not a solution
    >either. (the beep can be silenced, but the light will flash)

    Ryan,

    Thanks, the brew thickens.... I think it's back to good old black
    electrical tape if I go the D70 route. I always keep some on the base
    plate of my cameras for emergencies.

    I also appreciate the Omniremote idea. That may just come in very
    handy for my other cameras.

    Regards,
    Roger

    Roger, Mar 15, 2005