    by auto levels and mild unsharp mask in PS.

    --
    *** Remove NSPM to reply ***

    Salle ®²ºº², Sep 2, 2003

  2. Salle ®²ºº²

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>, annika1980
    @aol.com says...
    > >From: "Salle ®²ºº²" PM

    > >http://salle.tzo.com/forest.jpg
    > >
    > >Took this one at Prince Albert national park in Saskatchewan, Canada. D60 at
    > >iso 200, 1/250, f/6.7, cheap 100-300 USM
    > >at 125mm (200mm). This lens actually produces nice and sharp pictures
    > >despite bad reviews. This image was tweaked only
    > >by auto levels and mild unsharp mask in PS.

    > Very nice. What model lens is that?
    >
    > Btw, that sure is a fat deer. You'd never see a deer that fat here, except over
    > someone's fireplace.

    I wondered the same thing, but she said "100-300 USM" so it has to be
    the Canon 100-300 since nobody else uses the "USM" designation. Not bad
    results at all for a sub-$300 lens.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Sep 2, 2003

  3. Salle ®²ºº²

    Paul Heslop Guest

    "Salle ®²ºº²" wrote:

    > http://salle.tzo.com/forest.jpg
    >
    > Took this one at Prince Albert national park in Saskatchewan, Canada. D60 at
    > iso 200, 1/250, f/6.7, cheap 100-300 USM
    > at 125mm (200mm). This lens actually produces nice and sharp pictures
    > despite bad reviews. This image was tweaked only
    > by auto levels and mild unsharp mask in PS.
    >
    > --
    > *** Remove NSPM to reply ***

    beautiful... have you been posting on Shuttercity? There seems to be a
    glut of mooses (Meese? Mise?) nowadays. :O)
    --
    Paul. (Faces look ugly when you're alone)
    Not what it seems...

    Paul Heslop, Sep 2, 2003
  4. Salle ®²ºº²

    George Kerby Guest

    On 9/2/03 2:13 PM, in article , "Paul
    Heslop" <> wrote:

    > "Salle ®²ºº²" wrote:
    >>
    >> http://salle.tzo.com/forest.jpg
    >>
    >> Took this one at Prince Albert national park in Saskatchewan, Canada. D60 at
    >> iso 200, 1/250, f/6.7, cheap 100-300 USM
    >> at 125mm (200mm). This lens actually produces nice and sharp pictures
    >> despite bad reviews. This image was tweaked only
    >> by auto levels and mild unsharp mask in PS.
    >>
    >> --
    >> *** Remove NSPM to reply ***

    > beautiful... have you been posting on Shuttercity? There seems to be a
    > glut of mooses (Meese? Mise?) nowadays. :O)

    Paul, I think that's not a moose. Looks more like an Elk (antlers). It sure
    ain't the common whitetail. Muledear?

    George Kerby, Sep 3, 2003
  5. Salle ®²ºº²

    Paul Heslop Guest

    George Kerby wrote:

    > > beautiful... have you been posting on Shuttercity? There seems to be a
    > > glut of mooses (Meese? Mise?) nowadays. :O)

    > Paul, I think that's not a moose. Looks more like an Elk (antlers). It sure
    > ain't the common whitetail. Muledear?

    Oh god, i'm a brit, I don't know the difference between a moose and an
    elk, unless the moose is strawberry :O)

    Paul Heslop, Sep 3, 2003
  6. Salle ®²ºº²

    Whatevah Guest

    out of curiosity... how do you consider 200mm to be a "looong zoom"?

    I routinely use a 300mm lens on my Canon film body, and it's not all _that_
    long, at least by my standards.

    how about this style of names? :)

    150mm = zoom
    200mm = medium zoom
    300mm = long zoom
    600mm = looong zoom
    1200mm = YIKES, my wallet hurts!!!!!! zoom (technically, the 600 and 1200
    would be telephoto lenses, never seen a zoom in this range)

    --
    Jerry
    www.whatevah.com / jerry at whatevah dot com

    Whatevah, Sep 3, 2003
  7. On D60 300mm = 480mm because of cropping factor => free zoom, and uses inner
    part
    of image circle, so you get a little bit of quality too.

    Salle ®²ºº², Sep 3, 2003
  8. Salle ®²ºº²

    Kimberlee Guest

    Awesome!
    ~Kimberlee

    :
    : Took this one at Prince Albert national park in Saskatchewan, Canada. D60
    at
    : iso 200, 1/250, f/6.7, cheap 100-300 USM
    : at 125mm (200mm). This lens actually produces nice and sharp pictures
    : despite bad reviews. This image was tweaked only
    : by auto levels and mild unsharp mask in PS.
    :
    : --
    : *** Remove NSPM to reply ***
    :