D200 US Prices

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by philc, Dec 5, 2007.

  1. philc

    philc Guest

    philc, Dec 5, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. philc wrote:
    > Are these prices for real:-
    >
    > http://www.hdcameraworld.com/nid2wpa15.html
    >
    > Anybody used this company?


    Website and company are so new, they are not listed on resellerratings.com
    yet. However the name makes me suspicious. Are they trying to lure traffic
    off of cameraworld.com which is the same as Ritz Camera?
    On the other hand the usual give-away for Brooklyn scumbags of 10-15 times
    overprices memory cards is missing. Their memory cards are normally priced.
    Yet again, they don't disclose a physical address on their web site. And
    they claim to be founded in 1988 which would make me think there really
    should be a listing on resellerratings.com.

    No clear indicator either way in my book yet.

    jue
     
    Jürgen Exner, Dec 5, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. philc

    Don Wiss Guest

    On Wed, 05 Dec 2007, "Jürgen Exner" <> wrote:

    >philc wrote:
    >> Are these prices for real:-
    >>
    >> http://www.hdcameraworld.com/nid2wpa15.html
    >>
    >> Anybody used this company?

    >
    >Website and company are so new, they are not listed on resellerratings.com
    >yet.


    >they don't disclose a physical address on their web site. And
    >they claim to be founded in 1988


    For newness I go by when the domain name was registered. I find
    18-Jul-2007, and the name and address is cloaked.

    I put an item in the shopping cart and found they do charge NY sales tax.

    A check of the NY entity database finds no name like the domain name.

    A google search on their single 877 phone number finds no other use.

    They are not restricting phone calls late Friday or on Saturday. (!?)

    This all is such a contrast from the folksy web sites that have the names
    and pictures of all the employees.

    Don <www.donwiss.com/pictures/> (e-mail link at page bottoms).
     
    Don Wiss, Dec 5, 2007
    #3
  4. ? "philc" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    news:...
    > Are these prices for real:-
    >
    > http://www.hdcameraworld.com/nid2wpa15.html
    >
    > Anybody used this company?


    http://www.hdcameraworld.com/dcmihaca1.html
    the price for the sony camcorder dcr hc-38e seems suspiciously low(normal
    price $500 our price $240).I got the previous model dcr hc32-e for 350
    euros, but it was on display and slightly used.Its heads were brand new,
    though.Now a shop here has it for sale 350 euros, too.Its normal price was
    500 euros.The accessories are way overpriced;an UV filter (7 euros) they say
    it costs $40 and get it from us for $20.A mini DV tape 60 min $19.99 our
    price $7.99.I got 3 60 min TDK tapes, made in Japan for 6.90 euros.I prefer
    physical stores;less prone to cheating,IMHO.


    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    mechanized infantry reservist
    hordad AT otenet DOT gr
     
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Dec 5, 2007
    #4
  5. "J?rgen Exner" <> wrote:
    >> Are these prices for real:-
    >>
    >> http://www.hdcameraworld.com/nid2wpa15.html
    >>
    >> Anybody used this company?

    >
    > Website and company are so new, they are not listed on resellerratings.com
    > yet. However the name makes me suspicious. Are they trying to lure traffic
    > off of cameraworld.com which is the same as Ritz Camera?
    > On the other hand the usual give-away for Brooklyn scumbags of 10-15 times
    > overprices memory cards is missing. Their memory cards are normally priced.
    > Yet again, they don't disclose a physical address on their web site. And
    > they claim to be founded in 1988 which would make me think there really
    > should be a listing on resellerratings.com.
    >
    > No clear indicator either way in my book yet.


    They have only been registered since last July, and they only paid for one
    year. They host on Yahoo and recently moved there judging by the last update.

    In short, I would call them and talk to a real person and see if you can get
    more information about them being around since 1988!

    I don't trust them and wouldn't order from them.


    Registrant:
    Domain Discreet
    ATTN: hdcameraworld.com
    P.O. Box 278
    Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
    CA
    Email:

    Registrar Name....: REGISTER.COM, INC.
    Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
    Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

    Domain Name: hdcameraworld.com

    Created on..............: Wed, Jul 18, 2007
    Expires on..............: Fri, Jul 18, 2008
    Record last updated on..: Wed, Nov 07, 2007

    Administrative Contact:
    Domain Discreet
    ATTN: hdcameraworld.com
    P.O. Box 278
    Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
    CA
    Phone: 1-902-7495331
    Email:

    Technical Contact:
    Domain Discreet
    ATTN: hdcameraworld.com
    P.O. Box 278
    Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
    CA
    Phone: 1-902-7495331
    Email:

    DNS Servers:

    yns1.yahoo.com
    yns2.yahoo.com


    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

    bureaucracy, n:
    A method for transforming energy into solid waste.
     
    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Dec 5, 2007
    #5
  6. philc

    philc Guest

    On Dec 5, 6:45 pm, "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <> wrote:
    > "J?rgen Exner" <> wrote:
    > >> Are these prices for real:-

    >
    > >>http://www.hdcameraworld.com/nid2wpa15.html

    >
    > >> Anybody used this company?

    >
    > > Website and company are so new, they are not listed on resellerratings.com
    > > yet. However the name makes me suspicious. Are they trying to lure traffic
    > > off of cameraworld.com which is the same as Ritz Camera?
    > > On the other hand the usual give-away for Brooklyn scumbags of 10-15 times
    > > overprices memory cards is missing. Their memory cards are normally priced.
    > > Yet again, they don't disclose a physical address on their web site. And
    > > they claim to be founded in 1988 which would make me think there really
    > > should be a listing on resellerratings.com.

    >
    > > No clear indicator either way in my book yet.

    >
    > They have only been registered since last July, and they only paid for one
    > year. They host on Yahoo and recently moved there judging by the last update.
    >
    > In short, I would call them and talk to a real person and see if you can get
    > more information about them being around since 1988!
    >
    > I don't trust them and wouldn't order from them.
    >
    > Registrant:
    > Domain Discreet
    > ATTN: hdcameraworld.com
    > P.O. Box 278
    > Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
    > CA
    > Email:
    >
    > Registrar Name....: REGISTER.COM, INC.
    > Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
    > Registrar Homepage:www.register.com
    >
    > Domain Name: hdcameraworld.com
    >
    > Created on..............: Wed, Jul 18, 2007
    > Expires on..............: Fri, Jul 18, 2008
    > Record last updated on..: Wed, Nov 07, 2007
    >
    > Administrative Contact:
    > Domain Discreet
    > ATTN: hdcameraworld.com
    > P.O. Box 278
    > Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
    > CA
    > Phone: 1-902-7495331
    > Email:
    >
    > Technical Contact:
    > Domain Discreet
    > ATTN: hdcameraworld.com
    > P.O. Box 278
    > Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
    > CA
    > Phone: 1-902-7495331
    > Email:
    >
    > DNS Servers:
    >
    > yns1.yahoo.com
    > yns2.yahoo.com
    >
    > --
    > Thomas T. Veldhouse
    >
    > bureaucracy, n:
    > A method for transforming energy into solid waste.


    cheers all. prices are suspiciously low ($1000 for d200 with kit
    lens?), and me not being US resident probably makes this a dubious
    option.

    was hoping of taking advantage of current exchange rate...
     
    philc, Dec 5, 2007
    #6
  7. philc wrote:
    > was hoping of taking advantage of current exchange rate...


    Go for some respectable dealer like e.g. B&H.

    jue
     
    Jürgen Exner, Dec 5, 2007
    #7
  8. philc <> wrote:
    > cheers all. prices are suspiciously low ($1000 for d200 with kit
    > lens?), and me not being US resident probably makes this a dubious
    > option.
    >
    > was hoping of taking advantage of current exchange rate...


    Yeah ... that sucks for us American's ... which is why I have been investing
    in foreign economies lately :) Brazil is nice.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

    bureaucracy, n:
    A method for transforming energy into solid waste.
     
    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Dec 5, 2007
    #8
  9. philc

    Helge Guest

    Helge, Dec 6, 2007
    #9
  10. philc

    Don Wiss Guest

    On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 15:32:10 -0500, Helge <> wrote:

    >Be careful Items are missing like Battery and Charger check their other
    >packages.
    >http://www.hdcameraworld.com/nikond200.html
    >Tricky eh


    Yes.

    After my last post on HDCameraWorld I did a bit of research on the AllStar
    Camera family and I suspect that this is one of AllStar's new names. This
    is only by association, like same/similar domain registration dates, a
    common whois cloaking service, and all using Yahoo to manage the site.

    So I put them here: http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0168.htm

    Don <www.donwiss.com/pictures/> (e-mail link at page bottoms).
     
    Don Wiss, Dec 7, 2007
    #10
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Curious

    D200 - the D100 replacement?

    Curious, Jun 17, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    582
  2. Anonymous

    D2X and D200

    Anonymous, Jul 27, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    390
    Michael Benveniste
    Jul 28, 2004
  3. GTO

    Nikon D200 When?

    GTO, Nov 13, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    18
    Views:
    506
    Gadgets
    Dec 3, 2004
  4. A

    Nikon D200 is it going to happen

    A, Nov 26, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    279
  5. ThomasH
    Replies:
    33
    Views:
    830
    Philip Homburg
    Nov 2, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page