  1. Curious

    Curious Guest

    Any word on a Nikon D200 (the next logical upgrade to a D100?
    Curious, Jun 17, 2004

  2. In article <4akAc.24800$0z6.1695@fed1read07>, says...
    > Any word on a Nikon D200 (the next logical upgrade to a D100?

    It's called the D70 and you can buy it now!

    All kidding aside, I don't know if Nikon has plans to release a semi-pro
    SLR that would be akin to an EOS 10D.
    Brian C. Baird, Jun 17, 2004

  3. Curious

    sid derra Guest

    "Brian C. Baird" <> wrote in message
    > In article <4akAc.24800$0z6.1695@fed1read07>, says...
    > > Any word on a Nikon D200 (the next logical upgrade to a D100?

    > It's called the D70 and you can buy it now!

    :) having worked with the d100 and bought the d70 that was exactly what popped
    into my mind.
    sid derra, Jun 17, 2004
  4. Curious

    Anonymous Guest

    I meant an upgraded (more MP, faster AF, etc) D100 with all of the features
    the D100 has (including TIF, removable vertical grip, etc)

    While excellent, the D70 is missing a number of these features.

    Surely, Nikon MUST be considering an 8-10mp followon to the D100...

    Anonymous, Jun 18, 2004
  5. Curious

    Jack Guest

    They are. But why do you want TIF?

    -Jack

    Jack, Jun 18, 2004
  6. Curious

    Anonymous Guest

    They are what?

    Anonymous, Jun 18, 2004
  7. Curious

    Tom Scales Guest

    They already have one that is 'akin' to the 10D -- the D100. Oh wait,
    that's backwards. The 10D was the Canon response to the D100

    Tom Scales, Jun 18, 2004
  8. Curious

    George Guest

    "Anonymous" <> wrote in message
    > I meant an upgraded (more MP, faster AF, etc) D100 with all of the

    features
    > the D100 has (including TIF, removable vertical grip, etc)
    >
    > While excellent, the D70 is missing a number of these features.

    But, it has features lacking on the D100, such as iTTL. TIF, I don't know
    why anyone would care about that with NEF files available and the removable
    vertical grip is more of a comfort feature, i.e., if you find the
    D70 comfortable to use as it is, then who cares?

    > Surely, Nikon MUST be considering an 8-10mp followon to the D100...

    Are you REALLY sure you want to buy that much memory to store pictures? I
    really don't see a visible advantage (at least for any prints in sizes I am
    interested in making) over 6 Mp.

    George, Jun 18, 2004
  9. Curious

    leo Guest

    "George" <> wrote in message
    > But, it has features lacking on the D100, such as iTTL. TIF, I don't know
    > why anyone would care about that with NEF files available and the

    removable
    > vertical grip is more of a comfort feature, i.e., if you find the
    > D70 comfortable to use as it is, then who cares?
    >

    > > Surely, Nikon MUST be considering an 8-10mp followon to the D100...

    > Are you REALLY sure you want to buy that much memory to store pictures? I
    > really don't see a visible advantage (at least for any prints in sizes I

    am
    > interested in making) over 6 Mp.

    I don't care about Nikon because I have a 300D but I can tell you that I
    want MORE pixels, as long as it's not hitting diminish return. I like the
    12"x18" prints from 300D but I can still see slight blury at edges up close.
    It's usable, of course, in normal viewing distance for that size. Surely,
    the print could even be better if I master upsizing and sharpening
    technique. It's very doable because there's practically no noise but I am
    not interested in empty pixels...
    leo, Jun 18, 2004
  10. In article <>,
    says...
    > They already have one that is 'akin' to the 10D -- the D100. Oh wait,
    > that's backwards. The 10D was the Canon response to the D100

    Not quite. Canon already had the very able D60 in its lineup for some
    time.

    Regardless, my comment was directed at the market - not the camera.
    Brian C. Baird, Jun 18, 2004
  11. Curious

    chas Guest

    Brian C. Baird Wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > They already have one that is 'akin' to the 10D -- the D100. O

    > wait,
    > > that's backwards. The 10D was the Canon response to the D100

    > Not quite. Canon already had the very able D60 in its lineup for some
    > time.
    >
    > Regardless, my comment was directed at the market - not the camera.

    I agree, the D100 was Nikon's answer to the D60! In all seriousness,
    think they can only go forward with the D100. Therefore I expect ther
    will be an 8mp version on the horizon someday soon.

    Chas

    --
    cha
    chas's Profile: http://talkphoto.net/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&amp;userid=
    chas, Jun 22, 2004
  12. Curious

    JG Guest

    So true!

    --
    JG @ the universe
    JG, Jun 22, 2004
  13. Curious

    Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 04:15:46 GMT, chas <>
    wrote:

    >Brian C. Baird Wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> says...
    >> > They already have one that is 'akin' to the 10D -- the D100. Oh
    >> >wait, that's backwards. The 10D was the Canon response to the D100

    >> Not quite. Canon already had the very able D60 in its lineup for some
    >> time.

    The D60 had a shelf life of nine months before it was pulled from
    production. I know, because I almost bought one (for $2200) in Dec.
    2002, and by January 2003 it had been discontinued. That's when Canon
    came out with the 10D for $700 less.

    JJ
    , Jun 22, 2004