    Is the update to Firmware Version 2.00 for the D200 of significance if you
    do not plan to use the WT-3 Wireless Transmitter or the Image Authentication
    feature?

    papewe, Oct 8, 2006

  2. papewe

    Mark² Guest

    papewe wrote:
    > Is the update to Firmware Version 2.00 for the D200 of significance
    > if you do not plan to use the WT-3 Wireless Transmitter or the Image
    > Authentication feature?

    According to Dpreview.com, those are the only two changes that apply to the
    D200.

    Changes to the D2X are extensive by comparison.
    Read the details here:
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0610/06100301nikonfirmware.asp

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Oct 8, 2006

  3. On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 13:44:31 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    >papewe wrote:
    >> Is the update to Firmware Version 2.00 for the D200 of significance
    >> if you do not plan to use the WT-3 Wireless Transmitter or the Image
    >> Authentication feature?

    Yes to some people.

    >According to Dpreview.com, those are the only two changes that apply to the
    >D200.

    Well, If you have a Sigma HSM lens, then tha AF-On botton did not work
    with Ver 1.0.0. It has been fixed in Ver 2.0.0.

    Peter

    Peter Rongsted, Oct 9, 2006
  4. papewe

    Don Wiss Guest

    On Mon, 09 Oct 2006, Peter Rongsted <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 13:44:31 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >
    >>According to Dpreview.com, those are the only two changes that apply to the
    >>D200.

    >Well, If you have a Sigma HSM lens, then tha AF-On botton did not work
    >with Ver 1.0.0. It has been fixed in Ver 2.0.0.

    I'm sure there are many other minor bug fixes that they would prefer not to
    disclose. Version 1.0.0 software is never flawless.

    One thing I complained about, but I have no way of knowing if they fixed.
    If you attached a GPS the software was rounding the coordinates to four
    decimals. This reduced the accuracy to 40 feet. Earlier models (e.g. D2X)
    did not do this rounding.

    Don Wiss, Oct 9, 2006