    Thanks,
    John
    , May 1, 2006

  2. Ed Ruf Guest

    On 1 May 2006 08:47:42 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    wrote:

    >I have Adobe CS2 and Bridge installed on my pc. When trying to edit
    >metadata for images taken with my Nikon D200 I get the error "This
    >property cannot be modified". There are no icons in those fields which
    >indicate they can be edited. This only happens with files from my
    >D200. All others are fine. The files are not ready only.

    Have you got the latest updates? Works OK for me. All the editable
    IPTC fields have a pencil over on the RHS.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, May 1, 2006

  3. Guest

    I checked for updates throught the help pulldown and it said there were
    none and I was up to date. Yes, I have no pencil next to any of the
    metadata on my D200 files. My D2X and D1X files are just fine and
    editable.
    , May 1, 2006
  4. On 1 May 2006 13:42:59 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    wrote:

    >I checked for updates throught the help pulldown and it said there were
    >none and I was up to date. Yes, I have no pencil next to any of the
    >metadata on my D200 files. My D2X and D1X files are just fine and
    >editable.

    I'm new to CS2/Bridge, so I'm at a loss at the moment.
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), May 1, 2006
  5. Thomas Krull Guest

    Hi!

    <> wrote:

    > I checked for updates throught the help pulldown and it said there were
    > none and I was up to date. Yes, I have no pencil next to any of the
    > metadata on my D200 files. My D2X and D1X files are just fine and
    > editable.

    AFAIK the camera raw module in Photoshop is not covered by the automatic
    updater in PS, so you have to download it from Adobe's website, you need
    to register there.
    After installing the current ACR module everything is fine with the NEFs
    of my D200 including editing the metadata.
    I am using PS CS2 on a Mac, however but i don't see much difference in
    the update policy of the ACR module between the platforms, i guess you
    are using Windows.

    Cheers, thomas
    --
    Thomas Krull [DF1HX] <> http://www.df1hx.de
    Fotos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/df1hx
    Thomas Krull, May 1, 2006
  6. Guest

    Thanks. Even though I'm pretty sure I have the latest ACR I will
    install again and see if that works. I will post again after I
    complete the installation.

    John
    , May 2, 2006
  7. On 1 May 2006 16:22:36 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    wrote:

    >Thanks. Even though I'm pretty sure I have the latest ACR I will
    >install again and see if that works. I will post again after I
    >complete the installation.

    Shouldn't be part of ACR in my thinking. If you can open the D200 raw file
    then you have ACR 3.3 by definition as it is the only version which can do
    so.
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), May 2, 2006