    mode and ones shot in "Auto," "Normal," and "None"? I've been using
    the "high" mode, but wonder what I am giving up or getting too much
    of? Any help is appreciated.

    jeff liss, Aug 10, 2003

  2. jeff liss

    Chris Hoopes Guest

    There are good examples of the D-100 sharpening on
    http://www.dpreview.com. If you are shooting JPG and looking to do no post
    processing, setting to HIGH may be what you are looking for - some people
    like the results right out of the camera that way. If you are going to do
    any post processing (via unsharp mask), leave sharpening turned off in the
    camera and use unsharp mask once all other processing is done. This will
    keep added artifacts and halos to a minimum.

    Chris Hoopes, Aug 10, 2003