    Are there any digital SLR cameras with image stabilization?
    If not, can those be expected to be released in the near future?

    greetings, Niek

    name, Aug 15, 2005

  2. name

    l e o Guest

    name wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > Are there any digital SLR cameras with image stabilization?
    > If not, can those be expected to be released in the near future?
    >
    > greetings, Niek

    Konica-Minolta's 5D and 7D have Anti-shake built in. I might be wrong,
    but I think there is a tiny shutter lag when AS is turned on.

    l e o, Aug 15, 2005

  3. On 15 Aug 2005 09:52:03 -0700, "name" <> wrote:

    >Hello.
    >
    >Are there any digital SLR cameras with image stabilization?
    >If not, can those be expected to be released in the near future?

    Sure, all the Canon IS lenses have image stabilization and work with
    any of the Canon DSLR line.

    http://www.videodirecteoscameras.com/canoneflensesimagestabilizer.html

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Aug 15, 2005
  4. name

    Brian Baird Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Hello.
    >
    > Are there any digital SLR cameras with image stabilization?
    > If not, can those be expected to be released in the near future?
    >
    > greetings, Niek

    The only DSLR that has built in IS is the Minolta Maxxum 7D.

    Both Nikon and Canon offer lenses with image stabilization built in.

    The 7D is a bit pricey, but you do pay extra for lenses with IS, so the
    cost tradeoff is minimal. I've seen some people say you get an extra
    stop with IS lenses over the 7D's "move the sensor" method, but I've
    never had an opportunity to test it.
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird

    Brian Baird, Aug 15, 2005
  5. name

    Brian Baird Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Sure, all the Canon IS lenses have image stabilization and work with
    > any of the Canon DSLR line.

    Ditto with Nikon and their VR lenses.
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird

    Brian Baird, Aug 15, 2005
  6. On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:06:45 GMT, Brian Baird <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> Hello.
    >>
    >> Are there any digital SLR cameras with image stabilization?
    >> If not, can those be expected to be released in the near future?
    >>
    >> greetings, Niek

    >The only DSLR that has built in IS is the Minolta Maxxum 7D.
    >
    >Both Nikon and Canon offer lenses with image stabilization built in.
    >
    >The 7D is a bit pricey, but you do pay extra for lenses with IS, so the
    >cost tradeoff is minimal. I've seen some people say you get an extra
    >stop with IS lenses over the 7D's "move the sensor" method, but I've
    >never had an opportunity to test it.

    I would say having it in the lens give one more flexibility in the use
    of bodies. I wouldn't want it to be in the body.

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Aug 15, 2005
  7. name

    Brian Baird Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > >The 7D is a bit pricey, but you do pay extra for lenses with IS, so the
    > >cost tradeoff is minimal. I've seen some people say you get an extra
    > >stop with IS lenses over the 7D's "move the sensor" method, but I've
    > >never had an opportunity to test it.

    > I would say having it in the lens give one more flexibility in the use
    > of bodies. I wouldn't want it to be in the body.

    The 7D does seem to work pretty well.

    The advantage of having it in the lens is that some longer telephotos
    have a "panning" mode.

    I think it would be nice to have it in the body for shorter focal
    lengths, and having the longer lenses with their own. In any case,
    image stabilization really is a handy thing to have.
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird

    Brian Baird, Aug 15, 2005
  8. name

    wavelength Guest

    Having it in the bod gives one more flexibility in the lens though.
    Lenses can be more expensive that the body after all. Just for one.

    wavelength, Aug 15, 2005
  9. name

    Darrell Guest

    "Brian Baird" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Sure, all the Canon IS lenses have image stabilization and work with
    >> any of the Canon DSLR line.

    > Ditto with Nikon and their VR lenses.

    But with Konica-Minolta your'll have 28 OEM lenses all AS...

    Darrell, Aug 15, 2005
  10. name

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> Hello.
    >>
    >> Are there any digital SLR cameras with image stabilization?
    >> If not, can those be expected to be released in the near future?
    >>
    >> greetings, Niek

    > The only DSLR that has built in IS is the Minolta Maxxum 7D.

    And the Minolta Maxxum 5D that will sell for CDN $1,099.99 with their DT
    18~70 kit lens.The 5D will ship September.

    Darrell, Aug 15, 2005
  11. name

    Mark² Guest

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Sure, all the Canon IS lenses have image stabilization and work with
    >> any of the Canon DSLR line.

    > Ditto with Nikon and their VR lenses.

    -Except that they only have 5, and none of them are under $1000.
    :(

    Mark², Aug 16, 2005
  12. name

    Skip M Guest

    > "Brian Baird" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>,
    >> says...
    >>> Sure, all the Canon IS lenses have image stabilization and work with
    >>> any of the Canon DSLR line.

    >> Ditto with Nikon and their VR lenses.

    > -Except that they only have 5, and none of them are under $1000.
    > :(

    24-120? $510 at B&H...

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Aug 16, 2005
  13. name

    Mark² Guest

    "Skip M" <> wrote in message

    >> "Brian Baird" <> wrote in message
    >>> In article <>,
    >>> says...
    >>>
    >>> Ditto with Nikon and their VR lenses.

    >> -Except that they only have 5, and none of them are under $1000.
    >> :(
    >>

    > 24-120? $510 at B&H...

    Ya...that's what I meant.
    :) Oops.

    Mark², Aug 16, 2005
  14. "name" <> writes:

    > Are there any digital SLR cameras with image stabilization?
    > If not, can those be expected to be released in the near future?

    Mostly it's a lens rather than camera issue. Canon, Nikon, and I
    believe Sigma make some stabilized lenses.

    And then, contradicting myself, Minolta has a couple of bodies that do
    incorporate image stabilization.
    Dragaera/Steven Brust: <http://dragaera.info/> Much of which is still down

    David Dyer-Bennet, Aug 16, 2005