    activity...I cant use explorer, or anything else like that...why is it not
    letting me connect when it says its connected...and how do I fix it?

    thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Q29yZXkgRw==?=, May 10, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q29yZXkgRw==?=

    atec Guest

    Corey G wrote:
    > I just got a wireless D-link DWL-G520 Xtreme G Wireless PCI adapter,
    > installed the drivers and the card as the directions said...my computer is
    > saying im connected to the wireless network, yet im getting no online
    > activity...I cant use explorer, or anything else like that...why is it not
    > letting me connect when it says its connected...and how do I fix it?
    >
    > thanks

    you may need to either shut the firewal down or open some ports.

    atec, May 11, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q29yZXkgRw==?=

    Malke Guest

    atec wrote:

    > Corey G wrote:
    >> I just got a wireless D-link DWL-G520 Xtreme G Wireless PCI adapter,
    >> installed the drivers and the card as the directions said...my
    >> computer is saying im connected to the wireless network, yet im
    >> getting no online activity...I cant use explorer, or anything else
    >> like that...why is it not letting me connect when it says its
    >> connected...and how do I fix it?
    >>
    >> thanks

    > you may need to either shut the firewal down or open some ports.

    Doubtful that any firewall settings/ports need to be messed with. More
    likely that the OP hasn't set up the encryption key properly.

    To the OP: it isn't possible to give you an answer with so little
    specific information from you. What operating system/Service Pack level
    do you have? What encryption are you using? Did you enter the key into
    the computer's wireless settings?

    Here are some links to help you set up your wireless:

    Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

    How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313242

    Wireless - Basic Configuration -

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, May 11, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q29yZXkgRw==?=

    oldguy Guest

    Hi Corey,

    If you really get connected to the wireless network but cannot go to the
    Internet, it can be thet you have no (or incorrect) gateway information
    entered for that connection.

    Try to see if your gateway information is correct.

    Good Luck,
    Engin

    oldguy, May 11, 2005