D-Link Wireless AP w/Print Server

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbms=?=, Jun 8, 2005.

  1. Has anyone seen a driver for the print server in D-Link routers? It creates a
    virtual printer port. I may have to switch to a real print server...
    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbms=?=, Jun 8, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbms=?=

    Rick Guest

    Just for the heck of it, have you tried adding the printer port without
    the D-Link software? I don't have the router with printer port, but
    I've been using a D-Link parallel print server on my laser printer and
    in Win x64, I just configured the port with the server IP and it has
    worked ever since. I think the D-Link software is just one of those
    "user friendly" features that doesn't really do anything except add the
    port to you OS.

    Rick, Jun 8, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbms=?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    Saw the same thing with a Netgear print server. Configure the port as an IP
    address manually, and it will work. The software is just a wrapper.

    M. Murcek, Jun 8, 2005
  4. Thanks guys. Now all I need are drivers for my Canon Pixma 4000. A

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbms=?=, Jun 9, 2005