    my administrative account or when my sons account is set to computer
    administrator but if i change it to a limited account dlink says card not
    found. help pls.

    =?Utf-8?B?YmRjZGo=?=, Dec 27, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?YmRjZGo=?=

    solimike Guest

    Found your post when looking into just the same symptoms on my system,
    also with a DWL-G520+. Eventually DLink product support responded to my
    query that this is how the card is designed to work - the drivers need
    administrator privileges. Makes a nonsense of trying to run a sensible
    security policy with my children's accounts on the home PC!

    Not sure if other WiFi card manufacturers' products suffer from the
    same disability - if not, it would be an incentive to switch cards - or
    whether this is just a symptom of some deeper problem with wireless
    drivers in Win XP.

    Not much help, I know, but at least it's not you!

    --
    solimike

    solimike, Jan 24, 2005