D-Link support is the worst

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jim, Nov 5, 2004.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    I called D-Link customer support for help in enabling wireless security
    features on their DI-624 router and their DWL-G520 wireless NIC. I went
    through all the FAQ's but none of them helped, so I decided to call for some
    help. The answer I got was "we don't help customer's setup security
    features for their wireless network". I asked what they do help with and
    the person said with "setting up their networks". Well I went around with
    this guy and of course got nowhere, but did get plenty frustrated.

    They are a great help in the pre sale area but after the
    sale............forget it. The D-Link in a good product but I will never
    buy from them again, and would never advise anyone else to purchase their
    products. So if you are in the market for wireless products, look past
    D-Link, trust me.

    Jim

    Jim, Nov 5, 2004

  2. Jim

    Pavel A. Guest

    What is your specific problem with these devices?
    D-Link sells lots of products, so probably the majority of users are able
    to set up them and find the documentation satisfactory.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Nov 5, 2004

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    I have a D-Link DI-624 router and a D-Link DWL-G520 NIC. I can run WPA
    security on the NIC with no problems but when I configure the router
    security the wireless computer can't connect with the router. I have tries
    WEP, WPA and have made sure the settings and HEX alphanumeric match but to
    no avail.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Jim

    Jim, Nov 5, 2004
  4. Jim

    Rod Walker Guest

    Same problem here with D-link ADSL modem router/AP. Also find it impossible
    to update the firmware. D-link are 'looking into it' (they say??). And yes
    their support is abysmal - often takes 30 minutes to speak to someone on the
    phone - and it does not matter what time of day I call. I ALWAYS get - 'the
    level of enquiries is extremely high at the moment etc etc'. I have to
    wonder just how reliable their equipment is if this is the state of play!!!

    Rod Walker

    Rod Walker, Nov 16, 2004
  5. I have had the exact opposite dealings with D-Link. I have never had to wait
    more then 15 min and found the level of knowledge of thier help desk staff
    to be very helpful. Ofcourse I have only had to call them 2 times....

    Robert Jacobs, Jan 14, 2005
  6. Jim

    Chris Catt Guest

    and I forgot to say we've made some changes to our support to improve
    things. New Number is 0845-612-0003 8am-10pm.
    Hi, from this newsgroup posting
    http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=110551&thread=318&man=D-LIN
    "We're slowly moving over support over to a new system and it will be 100%
    live next week offering weekend support also.

    Just thought I'd let you know as you will begin to see improvements in the
    afternoons this week then all the time next week."
    ChrisC

    Chris Catt, Jan 15, 2005
  7. Jim

    Chris Catt Guest

    Hi again, sorry that came out wrong, here what I meant to put:

    From this newsgroup posting
    http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=110551&thread=318&man=D-LIN
    "We're slowly moving over support over to a new system and it will be 100%
    live next week offering weekend support also. I forgot to say we've made

    Chris Catt, Jan 15, 2005