    modem stays steady green instead of blinking like the manual says it should,
    unfortunately there are no suggestions as to what a steady green status
    light means, anybody have an idea as to what could be wrong?

    kiwinebula, Oct 19, 2006

  2. kiwinebula

    whome Guest

    "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote in message
    news:4536ed32$...
    >I have a 2ndhand d-link 302g adsl modem which I just installed today, the
    > internet connection seems to be working fine but the status light on the
    > modem stays steady green instead of blinking like the manual says it
    > should,
    > unfortunately there are no suggestions as to what a steady green status
    > light means, anybody have an idea as to what could be wrong?

    Yes, the status light on my one blinks.

    I wouldn't worry if it is working.

    whome, Oct 19, 2006

  3. In message <4536ed32$>, kiwinebula wrote:

    > I have a 2ndhand d-link 302g adsl modem which I just installed today, the
    > internet connection seems to be working fine but the status light on the
    > modem stays steady green instead of blinking like the manual says it
    > should...

    I hate lights that continuously blink when things are working as they
    should, and nothing special is happening. Blinking should be reserved for
    conditions that mean "something unusual is happening, I need some attention
    here".

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 19, 2006
  4. kiwinebula

    kiwinebula Guest

    "whome" <> wrote in message

    > "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote in message
    > >I have a 2ndhand d-link 302g adsl modem which I just installed today, the
    > > internet connection seems to be working fine but the status light on the
    > > modem stays steady green instead of blinking like the manual says it
    > > should,
    > > unfortunately there are no suggestions as to what a steady green status
    > > light means, anybody have an idea as to what could be wrong?
    > >

    > Yes, the status light on my one blinks.
    >
    > I wouldn't worry if it is working.

    Does your modem say generation II just below the model number on the front?

    kiwinebula, Oct 19, 2006
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <4536ed32$>, kiwinebula wrote:
    >
    >> I have a 2ndhand d-link 302g adsl modem which I just installed today, the
    >> internet connection seems to be working fine but the status light on the
    >> modem stays steady green instead of blinking like the manual says it
    >> should...

    > I hate lights that continuously blink when things are working as they
    > should, and nothing special is happening. Blinking should be reserved for
    > conditions that mean "something unusual is happening, I need some attention
    > here".

    i like blinking... its like "hey im doing stuff"

    well only for certain things.. network activity, hard drive activity,....

    Andrew Lambert, Oct 21, 2006
  6. In message <>, Andrew Lambert wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> In message <4536ed32$>, kiwinebula wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a 2ndhand d-link 302g adsl modem which I just installed today,
    >>> the internet connection seems to be working fine but the status light on
    >>> the modem stays steady green instead of blinking like the manual says it
    >>> should...

    >> I hate lights that continuously blink when things are working as they
    >> should, and nothing special is happening. Blinking should be reserved for
    >> conditions that mean "something unusual is happening, I need some
    >> attention here".

    > i like blinking... its like "hey im doing stuff"
    >
    > well only for certain things.. network activity, hard drive activity,....

    In other words, things where the blink indicates some kind of event
    happening. As opposed to D-Link routers like mine, where continual blinking
    merely indicates "situation normal, yup, situation still normal, situation
    continuing normal, still a normal situation, the situation is still normal,
    yup you are still firmly situated in normality..."

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 21, 2006