D-Link router woes

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Snake, Dec 7, 2006.

  1. Snake

    Snake Guest

    I've got a router problem that has been driving me a bit bonkers.

    I've been using a D-link D-524+ router on a TelstraClear cable
    connection for about 18 months with no worries.

    Recently I decided to get myself a D-624S which is pretty much the same
    except for some additional features. (web server, ftp server, NAS)

    I set it up with the same IP address, DNS etc as I had working well in
    the D-524+. But I can't get on the internet. If I skip the router and
    hook straight up to the cable modem then no worries.

    My parents have the exact same router, so I took mine around to their
    place, swapped it into their network and I got on the 'net fine.

    I got onto a guy from D-Link support and tried all the things he could
    think of (checking I had the right IP address, gateway etc) but nothing
    he thought up worked.

    I'm a bit puzzled - anyone got any tips that might help?

    thanks
    Richard
    Snake, Dec 7, 2006