    I am totally new to this. I bought a dlink wireless router,destop network card, and a laptop networking card. I found I connect better without using the laptop card. However and this happens even with the laptop card, I still get a red x through the wireless connection icon in my tool bar. i can still connect some times but some times I can not. I know it's on my end but I have no idea what to do to keep the connection. do I update something called broadcom 802.11b/g wlan?

    Please talk in idiot for me and thanks in advance
    Scott
    scottfilson, Aug 4, 2006

  2. scottfilson

    lonomac

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    When you say you connect better without the wireless card, how are you connecting at all? Through a cable? If you right click on thet red X and go to properties, you should have the option to see wireless networks. Assuming your router is setup to have one, you should see it. Click on it, hit connect and that should keep you connected.
    lonomac, Aug 4, 2006