D-Link DWL-G520+ with DSL-G604T router

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Kenc, May 20, 2005.

  1. Kenc

    Kenc Guest

    I manage to install this card in the past without any problems.

    Then built another machine and it stop working properly.

    The PCI adapter can see the SSID of the Router but it just won't connect to
    the router..

    - unchecked "Use windows to configure wireless..." per installation
    instructions
    - XP Zero configuration disabled per installation instructions

    ....still no luck.

    Also tried re-formatting HDD and a fresh Windows XP install//

    ....still no luck

    Also tried swapping the same card still no connection. So the card is not
    faulty.

    D-Link support havent given me a solution either?

    Can anyone else help?

    I have spent so much time on it I am thinking of getting a wireless router
    (without ADSL modem) then use LAN to connect to the internet via the
    DSL-G604T ADSL router. Then I won't have to configure the card....

    Will this work?

    Thanks in advance

    Gigabyte 7VAXP-ultra
    Athlon XP Barton 2800
    Kenc, May 20, 2005

  2. "Kenc" <> wrote in message
    >I manage to install this card in the past without any problems.
    >
    > Then built another machine and it stop working properly.
    >
    > The PCI adapter can see the SSID of the Router but it just won't connect
    > the router..
    >
    > - unchecked "Use windows to configure wireless..." per installation
    > instructions
    > - XP Zero configuration disabled per installation instructions
    >
    > ...still no luck.
    >
    > Also tried re-formatting HDD and a fresh Windows XP install//
    >
    > ...still no luck
    >
    > Also tried swapping the same card still no connection. So the card is not
    > faulty.
    >
    > D-Link support havent given me a solution either?
    >
    > Can anyone else help?
    >
    > I have spent so much time on it I am thinking of getting a wireless router
    > (without ADSL modem) then use LAN to connect to the internet via the
    > DSL-G604T ADSL router. Then I won't have to configure the card....
    >
    > Will this work?

    Are you setting IP's manually? , if not give that a go, worked for me....(XP
    & D-Link wireless card & Belkin router/adsl)
    --
    Cheers
    Southern Kiwi
    Southern Kiwi, May 20, 2005

  3. Kenc wrote:
    > I manage to install this card in the past without any problems.
    > Then built another machine and it stop working properly.
    > Can anyone else help?

    We used to use this card at work, driver issues(particular versions)
    just wouldn't work however... we've sicne moved most of the wifi to
    cisco gear, "it just works."
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 22, 2005
  4. Kenc

    Kenc Guest

    I've had intermittent access.

    One day it works...the next day...nothing

    I'm pretty sure out of spec...PCI pins/slots

    I'm getting a wireless router to connect via LAN....
    - no more drivers to install

    only $50 more..... but after a week of trying...my time is worth more than
    that.
    Kenc, May 23, 2005
  5. Kenc

    Rider Guest

    "Kenc" <> wrote in message
    >I manage to install this card in the past without any problems.
    >
    > Then built another machine and it stop working properly.
    >
    > The PCI adapter can see the SSID of the Router but it just won't connect
    > the router..
    >
    > - unchecked "Use windows to configure wireless..." per installation
    > instructions
    > - XP Zero configuration disabled per installation instructions
    >
    > ...still no luck.
    >
    > Also tried re-formatting HDD and a fresh Windows XP install//
    >
    > ...still no luck
    >
    > Also tried swapping the same card still no connection. So the card is not
    > faulty.
    >
    > D-Link support havent given me a solution either?
    >
    > Can anyone else help?
    >
    > I have spent so much time on it I am thinking of getting a wireless router
    > (without ADSL modem) then use LAN to connect to the internet via the
    > DSL-G604T ADSL router. Then I won't have to configure the card....
    >
    > Will this work?
    >

    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Gigabyte 7VAXP-ultra
    > Athlon XP Barton 2800

    I setup an wireless network for a client in their home using D-Link gear.
    The Router/Access Point was a DI624+ with corresponding PCI cards etc.

    I had nothing but problems from day 3 .... intermittent losses etc etc.
    Changed to Linksys and haven't any issues at all. I would steer clear of
    D-Link wireless equipment now.

    Rider
    Rider, May 23, 2005