D-LINK DWL-AG650 doesn't work with WinXP - Zero Configuration Service (WZCSVC) / D-Link AirXpert nea

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Johannes Rosenstock, Aug 28, 2004.

  1. Hello.

    I've got a D-Link DWL-AG650 WLAN-NIC and a Siemens Gigaset SE 515 dsl AP and
    I use a Microsoft 2003 Server Standard with CA and IAS for EAP-TLS/PEAP.

    When I use the D-Link AirXpert Tool of my WLAN-NIC, I get access to my
    Network. But the D-LINK only supports EAP-TLS with user-certificates and not
    with machine-certificates. The connection also isn't very stable, if I try
    to transfer large files. So I want to use the Zero Configuration Service.

    If I use it, the service finds the AP and I'm not connected because of the
    standard security settings.. So I set the security-features to WPA (TKIP or
    AES) and EAP-TLS (or possibly PEAP) and after the OK-button-click, I get the
    message like "at least one setting could not be done" and I can not connect
    to the WLAN. I can't save any settings there. I have all my certificates at
    the client. I have got the same problem with WinXP SP1 and SP2 and i also
    only try to use WEP.

    I use the following drivers:
    Siemens driver version: 2.12.3.21c_BA010a
    DLINK driver version: 2.4.1.32

    Are there never drivers ? The webpage-drivers are older the my drivers from
    the DLINK-cdrom.
    Does anybody know that problem and can help me ?

    Greetings from Germany

    Johannes

    Johannes Rosenstock, Aug 28, 2004