    dial the associated numbers always go to the respective SP's voicemail. I
    know that the phones are configured OK as I have successfully used them with
    my Speedtouch router at work. Any ideas?
    Telephoneman, Jan 10, 2006

  2. Telephoneman

    Martin² Guest

    One way audio indicates a port forwarding problem.
    Apart from ports 3478 3479 5004 5060 5082 and 10000(Stun),
    you need to forward ports 8000/1 and 8002/3 to your respective SIP devices.
    With some providers you also need to open ports 16348 to 32768.
    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Jan 11, 2006

  3. Telephoneman

    Telephoneman Guest

    "Martin²" <> wrote in message
    > One way audio indicates a port forwarding problem.
    > Apart from ports 3478 3479 5004 5060 5082 and 10000(Stun),
    > you need to forward ports 8000/1 and 8002/3 to your respective SIP
    > devices.
    > With some providers you also need to open ports 16348 to 32768.
    > Regards,
    > Martin

    As I indicated, audio is two way and satisfactory. The issue is that neither
    phone will ring if you dial its number - all calls go straight to voicemail.
    Both phones indicate that they are registered and you can make outgoing
    calls OK.

    Liam
    Telephoneman, Jan 11, 2006
  4. Telephoneman

    Martin² Guest

    Liam,
    sorry, jus 'scanned' your post too quickly and assumed the usual problem ;-}
    I guess the first thing to do is turn off the voice mail, just to make sure.
    Which VoIP providers do you use ? I think some use different signalling
    protocols,
    all I can suggest is to open the RTP ports 16248 to 32768 and see.
    Can you log the SIP negotiation dialog ?
    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Jan 12, 2006
  5. Telephoneman

    Telephoneman Guest

    "Martin²" <> wrote in message
    > Liam,
    > sorry, jus 'scanned' your post too quickly and assumed the usual problem
    > ;-}
    > I guess the first thing to do is turn off the voice mail, just to make
    > sure.
    > Which VoIP providers do you use ? I think some use different signalling
    > protocols,
    > all I can suggest is to open the RTP ports 16248 to 32768 and see.
    > Can you log the SIP negotiation dialog ?
    > Regards,
    > Martin

    I've tried opening up the usual ports (without success) but I don't think
    that I've done it right. On my Speedtouch 716g at work it's very simple and
    the same phones will work there OK but on the D-link it's quite confusing.
    It seems to want the IP address the traffic is coming from and to but since
    I have more than 1 phone and use DHCP I don't know how I could do this.

    BTW one of the SPs is Voiptalk, the other is a new Company that I'm an
    "Alpha" triallist for. Voiptalk are trying to assist but have only suggested
    opening up the usual ports. The other Company aren't really familiar with
    the kit either.

    As for the SIP negotiation dialog I wouldn't have a clue how to do this!

    Regards,

    Liam
    Telephoneman, Jan 13, 2006
  6. Telephoneman

    Martin² Guest

    You could disable DHCP and set all your phones and computers with static LAN
    IP's. Then get the D-Link to
    forward the ports to one of the phones, and it should ring. Setting it up
    for two separate phones and different providers could be tricky unless they
    use different ports, or you can forward to two IP's at once.
    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Jan 14, 2006