    on the router but i cannot then access the internet.
    Anyone know whats going on with it?
    Thanks
    Damo_Suzuki, Oct 19, 2006

  2. Hi

    Due to lack of information concerning your Internet connection, I would try
    to guess.

    You might have an Authentication (Id and Password) Problem.

    Fir Cable Internet here, http://www.ezlan.net/broadband.html

    For DSL/PPPOE here, http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 19, 2006

  3. Damo_Suzuki

    Lem Guest

    Damo_Suzuki wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I just bought a D_Link 924 wireless router and am having diffuculty
    > accessing the internet with it. I have 2 laptops and one PC that i want
    > networked. when i log into the router configuration page( 192.168.1.1)
    > and set up the wireless network, the machines are assigned IP addresses
    > on the router but i cannot then access the internet.
    > Anyone know whats going on with it?
    > Thanks

    If you can access the router configuration pages but not the Internet,
    the most obvious problem is that the router itself isn't connecting to
    the Internet. As far as I can tell, you have a combination DSL
    modem/router. That is, you plug the device directly into a telephone
    jack rather than connecting the router to a separate DSL modem via an
    Ethernet cable.

    The "WAN" configuration (the part that connects to the Internet) is a
    bit more complicated for combo devices than for wireless routers that
    connect to a separate DSL modem. The User Guide for the DSL-G624T (which
    is what I believe you have) lists a page and a half of info that you
    need from your ISP. Did you get all of this info and configure the
    router's WAN settings correctly? Did you save the settings and re-boot
    the router? As a check, log into the router's configuration pages and
    go to the "Status" page. There should be a section headed "WAN". Does
    it show the status as "connected"?

    If the WAN status is shown as "not connected" and clicking the "connect"
    button does not get you connected, then either there is some
    configuration setting wrong or there is a problem in the connection
    between your router and your ISP. This could be anywhere from the phone
    line from the router to the wall, to your home wiring, to a telephone
    company problem. In any case, if you cannot get the router to "connect"
    you should call your ISP and ask for help.

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

    Lem, Oct 19, 2006