    then after I plugged the PC in, it went to hell from there. Any help
    please?
    , Nov 27, 2008

  2. Guest

    On Nov 27, 4:03 pm, wrote:
    > Hey I could use some help here.
    >   I have a D-Link DI-624 Router, rev C, So far, the power, Status,
    > WLAN LEDs doesn't light up. However WAN, Local Network 1-4 light u,
    > and stay on. They are lit if there is something plugged in, or
    > nothing. I can't get any access to the setup page, reset doesn't do
    > anything. Laptop can't detect it, and when desktop is plugged into it,
    > I have no network connection. I can't remember what firmware I have on
    > it anymore, because I had it in storage for several months now, and
    > now I brought it out, after I got a laptop. It did work for a bit,
    > then after I plugged the PC in, it went to hell from there. Any help
    > please?

    I had a DLink AP do exactly that after a power flick during a storm.
    The WLAN LEDs (802.11a/bg) (and power, IIRC) stopped illuminating, but
    everything else was still lit. Reset didn't work on it either.
    I thought it was toast, but was able to fix it. The firmware simply
    became corrupted during the power flicker. When I hooked it up to a
    computer directly, it gave me a page saying that firmware was
    corrupted and an option to update the firmware.

    Are you setting up a static IP on your laptop before you connect it?
    Set up something like IP 192.168.0.100 , Subnet mask 255.255.255.0 ,
    and then try connecting to it at 192.168.0.1
    If it is just corrupted firmware, you should get a page saying that
    the firmware is corrupted and also a means to upload new firmware from
    your laptop.

    Try connecting the laptop to both the WAN and one (all, if need be)
    LAN ports. I forget which I had to use. (I think it was actually one
    of the LAN ports that I did have success with.)

    If that doesn't work, then it is probably toast...
    , Nov 28, 2008

  3. Guest

    how do I grand reset? Is that when I plug it in with the reset
    pressed?
    , Nov 29, 2008
  4. Guest

    how do I grand reset? Is that when I plug it in with the reset
    pressed?
    , Nov 29, 2008
  5. Guest

    wrote:

    >how do I grand reset? Is that when I plug it in with the reset
    >pressed?

    Some are different, but figure you need to unplug or disconnect the
    power, then press and hold down the reset button for 10 to ? seconds.
    --

    Find and mayhaps repair a stuck pixel
    http://tinyurl.com/6nro6h
  6. On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:17:20 -0800, big_d_316 aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > how do I grand reset? Is that when I plug it in with the reset
    > pressed?

    Well first off its gonna *cost* you...
    Like a thousand dollars :(

    http://www.alternet.org