D-Link DI-514 Setup Problems with WinXP SP2 + cable modem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by superslicka2@hotmail.com, Feb 19, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I have a good question for all of you.

    I'm trying to hook up a D-Link D1-514 wireless router to a Terayon
    TJ615 Rogers cable modem on Windows XP SP2, but whenever I hook up the
    cross-connected wire from the modem to the WAN port on the router and
    an ethernet cable to the computer, the IP is not reset by the router
    (the settings for the Network Connection are set to automatically
    detect). Even if I set up a static IP in the range of the router
    (192.168.0.1 for the gateway, 192.168.0.2 for the computer), it still
    doesn't allow me reach the web config panel for the router (by typing
    in 192.168.0.1 in IE).

    I've already gone through the support articles on the support.dlink.com
    site, reset all the IE settings, disabled the firewall, tried enabling
    NetBIOS over TCP/IP, resetting the router to factory settings, cylcing
    power, rebooting, but nothing works !!!! Whenever I try to ping
    192.168.0.1 I get the 'Request timed out' error. I'm thinking of
    rolling back Windows with a system restore to SP1 and trying from
    there.

    Sooo ... is there an issue with the D-Link DI-514 and Windows XP SP 2 ?

    And if nobody knows, where should I post this question ?

    , Feb 19, 2005

  2. DLink Guru Guest

    No issue, you should be using a straight through cable. The router port will
    handle the cross connection itself.

    Robert...

    DLink Guru, Feb 20, 2005