D-Link DI-514 + cable modem + Win XP SP2= CRAP !!!

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by superslicka, Feb 19, 2005.

  1. superslicka

    superslicka Guest

    I have a good question for all of you.

    I'm trying to hook up a D-Link D1-514 wireless router to a Terayon
    TJ615 Rogers cable modem on Windows XP SP2, but whenever I hook up the
    cross-connected wire from the modem to the WAN port on the router and
    an ethernet cable to the computer, the IP is not reset by the router
    (the settings for the Network Connection are set to automatically
    detect). Even if I set up a static IP in the range of the router
    (192.168.0.1 for the gateway, 192.168.0.2 for the computer), it still
    doesn't allow me reach the web config panel for the router (by typing
    in 192.168.0.1 in IE).

    I've already gone through the support articles on the
    support.dlink.com site, reset all the IE settings, disabled the
    firewall, tried enabling NetBIOS over TCP/IP, resetting the router to
    factory settings, cylcing power, rebooting, but nothing works !!!!
    Whenever I try to ping 192.168.0.1 I get the 'Request timed out'
    error. I'm thinking of rolling back Windows with a system restore to
    SP1 and trying from there.

    Sooo ... is there an issue with the D-Link DI-514 and Windows XP SP 2
    ?

    superslicka, Feb 19, 2005

  2. superslicka

    DLink Guru Guest