    I realize I can register on-line or by mail, but the lense-forms seemed
    to imply that Nikon would not service without the preprinted versions!

    --Cactus Bob

    Cactus Bob, Oct 28, 2006

  2. Cactus Bob

    Cactus Bob Guest

    Cactus Bob wrote:
    > Hello everyone:
    >
    > I just received my D80 from B&H (much sooner than I expected) and cannot
    > wait to get out and give it a test!
    >
    > I was curious about something, though, and given that it is the weekend
    > and I cannot contact B&H till Monday, I thought I'd ask you folks.
    >
    > There appears to be no warranty card to send in to Nikon for this
    > camera. I also bought two Nikon lenses and they both came with
    > pre-printed warranty forms with the serial numbers. Is it normal for
    > the camera bodies to lack warranty card?
    >
    > I realize I can register on-line or by mail, but the lense-forms seemed
    > to imply that Nikon would not service without the preprinted versions!
    >
    > --Cactus Bob

    Follow up:

    I did just find something that says it is the warranty card.
    Surprisingly, it does not ID the D-80 at all. It simply refers to the
    camera as a "Nikon Digital Imaging Product." Like the lenses warranty
    cards, it says it must be sent in with a service request in order to
    validate warranty; unlike the lenses, there is no preprinted serial
    number. I guess Nikon is more casual about the camera bodies than lenses!

    --Cactus Bob

    Cactus Bob, Oct 28, 2006

  3. Cactus Bob

    bmoag Guest

    Keep every scrap of paper you have, particularly the sales slip, for the
    duration of the warranty period.

    bmoag, Oct 28, 2006
  4. Cactus Bob

    Just D Guest

    I will tell you more. When I bought my D80 kit in December and tried to
    register both lenses on line I got the warning from Nikon that both serial
    numbers are not valid but the lenses are registered. When I asked Nikon
    support about this issue I got the answer that they are having the problem
    with their web site. Nevertheless the body was registered with no warnings
    shown. I also registered the old Nikon 5200 to test the web site - no
    problems. So what do you think about these lenses now? According to their
    own papers the lenses have a 1-year warranty and additional 4-year warranty
    if we register them sending the cards to Nikon. I can't say what can I
    expect if the cards are lost or there is an issue with the serial number
    like I described. And I actually wont' like to test hoping that my lenses as
    well as the camera will work with no issues.

    Just D.

    "Cactus Bob" <>

    Just D, Jan 22, 2007