D-70 mirror/viewfinder help (dust/debris).

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by NightStar, May 21, 2004.

  1. NightStar

    NightStar Guest

    Okay - I'm miffed now. Changed lenses yesterday and I have seemed to
    have picked up some "foreign matter" on either the mirror, or the
    covering to the inside of the viewfinder... I can gain access to
    both, but what would you recommend to clean either with?

    I never had this problem with my film SLR, so never pursued the line
    to what cleaning method to use - Only ever needed to clean the actual
    lens.

    The blow-brush won't do a lot, as it looks like fine filaments (Which
    are probably "stuck" on, as it were.) I don't like the idea of using
    a cotton bud, as I think that'll just introduces more muck... Can I
    use a cleaning tissue?

    Thankfully it's only the viewfinder, but it's a pain (Especially as
    the camera is so flipping new!)

    Tony.

    NightStar, May 21, 2004

  2. some links previously posted that might help...
    http://www.birdsasart.com/bn134.htm
    http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning

    Christopher Muto, May 21, 2004

  3. NightStar

    NightStar Guest

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 18:06:06 GMT, "Christopher Muto"
    <> wrote:

    >some links previously posted that might help...
    >http://www.birdsasart.com/bn134.htm
    >http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning
    >
    >"NightStar" <Im.not@home> wrote in message
    >> Okay - I'm miffed now. Changed lenses yesterday and I have seemed to
    >> have picked up some "foreign matter" on either the mirror, or the
    >> covering to the inside of the viewfinder... I can gain access to
    >> both, but what would you recommend to clean either with?
    >>
    >> I never had this problem with my film SLR, so never pursued the line
    >> to what cleaning method to use - Only ever needed to clean the actual
    >> lens.
    >>
    >> The blow-brush won't do a lot, as it looks like fine filaments (Which
    >> are probably "stuck" on, as it were.) I don't like the idea of using
    >> a cotton bud, as I think that'll just introduces more muck... Can I
    >> use a cleaning tissue?
    >>
    >> Thankfully it's only the viewfinder, but it's a pain (Especially as
    >> the camera is so flipping new!)
    >>
    >> Tony.

    Excellent - Cheers for this. Just going to browse now! :)

    Tony.

    NightStar, May 21, 2004