    this is correct?)

    Thanks.

    , Oct 12, 2007

  2. Gazwad Guest

    , the scrawny-riffraff and tiresome mud-packer
    who likes lecherous zipper surfing with budgerigars, and whose partner
    is a shagstress with a hairless hoo-hoo, wrote in
    <>:
    > If someone in say Bulgaria logged into their Bulgarian webmail on a
    > Cyrillic webmail site, I assume they would login in Cyrillic.
    >
    > If they moved to the UK and were using a UK keyboard how would they
    > log in?
    >
    > Would they need to use Cyrillic characters or could they use Latin
    > characters? (This assumes they would have to use Cyrillic in Bulgaria
    > which is an assumption I am making but perhaps someone can tell me if
    > this is correct?)
    >
    > Thanks.

    Ask a scrote.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Gazwad, Oct 12, 2007

  3. Guest

    , Oct 12, 2007
  4. Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-10-12, <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >>If someone in say Bulgaria logged into their Bulgarian webmail on a
    >>Cyrillic webmail site, I assume they would login in Cyrillic.
    >>
    >>If they moved to the UK and were using a UK keyboard how would they
    >>log in?

    > Log in with the same characters.

    To achieve which would probably require that they use a computer set up to
    use the appropriate language and keyboard-map. It is possible, I believe,
    to have multiple 'locales' and hardware maps on one computer and even be
    able to switch between them 'on the fly', but I've never tried it. You
    can get keyboard overlays or polyglot markings to accomodate different
    keyboard maps on one piece of hardware.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Oct 12, 2007
  5. "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2007-10-12, <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>If someone in say Bulgaria logged into their Bulgarian webmail on a
    >>>Cyrillic webmail site, I assume they would login in Cyrillic.
    >>>
    >>>If they moved to the UK and were using a UK keyboard how would they
    >>>log in?

    >> Log in with the same characters.

    > To achieve which would probably require that they use a computer set up to
    > use the appropriate language and keyboard-map. It is possible, I believe,
    > to have multiple 'locales' and hardware maps on one computer and even be
    > able to switch between them 'on the fly', but I've never tried it. You
    > can get keyboard overlays or polyglot markings to accomodate different
    > keyboard maps on one piece of hardware.
    >
    > --
    > -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    > -- Whiskers
    > -- ~~~~~~~~~~

    Once my pc was set up to handle Cyrillic (Russian as an alternative to
    the English default language)
    I was able to make my keyboard overlays by printing out the characters
    and sticking on the
    appropriate keys, covering with clear resin to stop wearing off.
    Secondly I aquired an old data switch box ( made to switch between
    printers) and modified the
    A-B switch to select one of two ps2 keyboard sockets outputting to a lead
    to the pc.
    It can also be done with a 2 position rotary switch of the radio variety,
    with number of poles appropriate
    to the pins in the sockets and then mounted on a small neat bracket
    screwed to the desk front.
    It is possible to switch on the fly provided both keyboards are of
    identical form (e.g. standard 102 key UK/US )
    I have not tried this with USB types but it should work.
    You can buy dedicated Cyrillic keyboards but from those I have seen they
    tend to be rather expensive, and I am not
    sure how they would react to switching on the fly. A nice set of
    professional overlays woul'nt go amiss though.

    Mike the Brewer, Oct 12, 2007