    Universal Realty and Development Inc.

    www.cypresspreserve.blogspot.com/
    , Sep 3, 2007

  2. On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 02:06:17 -0700, wrote:

    >The Cypress Preserve resort is the only new construction in Pasco
    >County Florida zoned for 'short term rentals' which makes this the
    >perfect investment. Set in twenty one acres of conservation area, the
    >resort enjoys a peaceful atmosphere whilst being only 30 minutes away
    >from Tampa International Airport and on the doorstep of numerous
    >restaurants, shopping malls and beaches.

    This sounds suspiciously close to (or is) what local residents in that part of
    FL near Big Cypress Preserve affectionately call "The Blocks". Hundreds of
    thousands of acres that were at one time sectioned off for development and sold
    to the uneducated, only to end up being reclaimed by nature. This is the land
    that started the old phrase, "I have some swampland in Florida that I could sell
    to you." A huge get-rich scheme that came crashing down around all concerned. In
    attempts to restore all the phenomenal damage done by these failed construction
    projects ("The Blocks") to this extremely fragile ecosystem they have been busy
    trying to disappear all signs of construction, canals, and roadways from
    existence. You would be hard pressed to find them all today. The task is
    unending as their existence rerouted the very flow of water in that whole region
    of FL. Trying to restore that is a phenomenal task, and supporting any of these
    developments (like the one this poster advertised) would only hinder it.

    On the upside, THE rarest orchids on earth exist in this region. One species so
    rare that only one small patch on one tree was thought to exist. I found another
    patch 30 times as large to add to their known locations, now known only by park
    personnel and myself. I got some wonderful photos of them. I was there
    photographing rare orchids for 3-month spans in 2 consecutive years. For those
    of you reading this thinking of poaching: Don't try taking any, you will be
    prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and any people in the area are very
    protective of them now. You will be found out. While there I personally turned
    in 2 groups of orchid poachers. You just never know who is watching you, day or
    night, camera in hand. Those Night-Shot infrared-illumination modes of Sony
    cameras come in so handy at times.

    But what a great photography expedition you can have. Take a stout walking-stick
    with you, to prod the murky water in front of you for submerged 12-16 ft.
    alligators in the chest-deep waters while hiking, and you'll be just fine.
    They'd rather leave than turn and attack. Most every time.
    PhlowerPhotos, Sep 3, 2007