    so its not a hardware or media problem. It must be a copy-protected
    thing, right? and if it is, is there anyway i can bypass this?

    Thanks

    Cptn. Planet, Nov 10, 2007

  2. Cptn. Planet

    Big Boy Guest

    Cptn. Planet wrote:
    > Hi all. A friend just bought the new "Ratatouille" dvd and i'm trying
    > to make a copy for my family. However, when i use DVDshrink, just as
    > it begins to detect the disc, i receive a disk error: cyclic
    > redundancy error. I tried using dvd decryptor, once with default
    > settings, then with more aggressive settings. I then set it to "ISO-
    > read", but to no avail. I've been reading other posts, and they all
    > suggest cleaning the disc. however, this is a brand new, perfectly
    > clean disk, and it plays fine on my PowerDVD program on my computer,
    > so its not a hardware or media problem. It must be a copy-protected
    > thing, right? and if it is, is there anyway i can bypass this?
    >
    > Thanks

    Try DVDFabHDDecrypter:
    http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=HDDECRYPTER

    Big Boy, Nov 10, 2007

  3. Per Cptn. Planet:
    >Hi all. A friend just bought the new "Ratatouille" dvd and i'm trying
    >to make a copy for my family. However, when i use DVDshrink, just as
    >it begins to detect the disc, i receive a disk error: cyclic
    >redundancy error. I tried using dvd decryptor, once with default
    >settings, then with more aggressive settings. I then set it to "ISO-
    >read", but to no avail. I've been reading other posts, and they all
    >suggest cleaning the disc. however, this is a brand new, perfectly
    >clean disk, and it plays fine on my PowerDVD program on my computer,
    >so its not a hardware or media problem. It must be a copy-protected
    >thing, right? and if it is, is there anyway i can bypass this?

    Maybe you can cut to the chase by trying to drag/drop copy the
    files to a hard drive.

    If the OS throws a CRC check, then I'd think it's just a bad
    disc. My rationale on why it can play in a DVD player would be
    that the DVD player's requirements are not a stringent as the
    computer OS'.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Nov 11, 2007
  4. Cptn. Planet

    Stan Brown Guest

    Sat, 10 Nov 2007 11:32:07 -0800 from Cptn. Planet <>:
    > A friend just bought the new "Ratatouille" dvd and i'm trying
    > to make a copy for my family. However, when i use DVDshrink, just as
    > it begins to detect the disc, i receive a disk error: cyclic
    > redundancy error.

    So what you're telling us is that you're having trouble stealing the
    disc.

    Sorry if I don't have a lot of sympathy.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    Stan Brown, Nov 12, 2007
  5. On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 21:22:23 -0500, Stan Brown wrote:

    >> A friend just bought the new "Ratatouille" dvd and i'm trying
    >> to make a copy for my family. However, when i use DVDshrink, just as
    >> it begins to detect the disc, i receive a disk error: cyclic
    >> redundancy error.

    > So what you're telling us is that you're having trouble stealing the
    > disc.

    He ISN'T trying to steal the disk! It's the data ON the disk he wants LOL

    Essential Touch, Nov 12, 2007
  6. Cptn. Planet

    WaIIy Guest

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 11:32:07 -0800, "Cptn. Planet" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi all. A friend just bought the new "Ratatouille" dvd and i'm trying
    >to make a copy for my family. However, when i use DVDshrink, just as
    >it begins to detect the disc, i receive a disk error: cyclic
    >redundancy error. I tried using dvd decryptor, once with default
    >settings, then with more aggressive settings. I then set it to "ISO-
    >read", but to no avail. I've been reading other posts, and they all
    >suggest cleaning the disc. however, this is a brand new, perfectly
    >clean disk, and it plays fine on my PowerDVD program on my computer,
    >so its not a hardware or media problem. It must be a copy-protected
    >thing, right? and if it is, is there anyway i can bypass this?
    >
    >Thanks

    I had this exact problem using CloneDVD2 and it was driving me nutty.
    I have an HP DVD/CD-RW. All the disks would play perfectly and I could
    burn CDs.
    Sometimes it would burn to 99% and then crc me.

    I finally bought a new LG and use the HP just for Lightscribe and
    listening.

    Problem solved, it was my burner.

    Maybe you could borrow a friend's burner or try burning on a different
    computer.

    WaIIy, Nov 12, 2007
  7. Cptn. Planet

    Roy Guest

    On Nov 13, 3:55 am, WaIIy <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 11:32:07 -0800, "Cptn. Planet" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi all. A friend just bought the new "Ratatouille" dvd and i'm trying
    > >to make a copy for my family. However, when i use DVDshrink, just as
    > >it begins to detect the disc, i receive a disk error: cyclic
    > >redundancy error. I tried using dvd decryptor, once with default
    > >settings, then with more aggressive settings. I then set it to "ISO-
    > >read", but to no avail. I've been reading other posts, and they all
    > >suggest cleaning the disc. however, this is a brand new, perfectly
    > >clean disk, and it plays fine on my PowerDVD program on my computer,
    > >so its not a hardware or media problem. It must be a copy-protected
    > >thing, right? and if it is, is there anyway i can bypass this?

    > >Thanks

    > I had this exact problem using CloneDVD2 and it was driving me nutty.
    > I have an HP DVD/CD-RW. All the disks would play perfectly and I could
    > burn CDs.
    > Sometimes it would burn to 99% and then crc me.
    >
    > I finally bought a new LG and use the HP just for Lightscribe and
    > listening.
    >
    > Problem solved, it was my burner.
    >
    > Maybe you could borrow a friend's burner or try burning on a different
    > computer.

    I got the same problem before and
    I did the same thing when my VAIO DVD RW won't allow me to do so; I
    got an external USB driven Lite-ON DVD RAM and everything went
    alright.

    Roy, Nov 12, 2007