    if a repair is recommended.

    Thanks in advance.
    , Jan 20, 2005

  2. Rudy Benner Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi guys, I have a problem with a DSC-P31. Pics are coming out totally
    > distorted. I've included some samples at:
    >
    > http://ciudad.latinol.com//cdw/DSC00021.jpg
    > http://ciudad.latinol.com//cdw/DSC00022.jpg
    >
    > I've tried everything such as using different memory sticks, cleaning
    > their contacts, reseting the camera itself, but with no luck. When
    > aiming for a pic, the LCD displays fine, then with about 2 second
    > intervals the pic "jumps" and turns to pink then goes back to normal
    > and so on.
    >
    > If anyone has a recommendation as to what can be the problem to check
    > if a repair is recommended.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    I think its broken.
    Rudy Benner, Jan 20, 2005

  3. Crownfield Guest

    Rudy Benner wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hi guys, I have a problem with a DSC-P31. Pics are coming out totally
    > > distorted. I've included some samples at:
    > >
    > > http://ciudad.latinol.com//cdw/DSC00021.jpg
    > > http://ciudad.latinol.com//cdw/DSC00022.jpg

    these might be worth more than the camera.
    try other subjects to see what it can do.

    Crownfield, Jan 20, 2005
  4. Seymore Guest

    You might contact Tim D. at the following url...
    www.MavicaService.homestead.com

    He may have more of an answer for you...

    Seymore...
    www.SonyCams.com
    Sony F717 | P50
    Nikon D70 | FM2n | SB22
    Nikon MF | 50mm 1.4 | 135mm 3.5
    Nikon AF | 50mm 1.8 | 60mm 2.8 macro | 24-50mm 3.3/4.5 | 35-135mm 3.5/4.5 |
    2x tele
    Tokina 100-300mm 4 | 2x tele
    remove "REMOVE" to reply directly

    Seymore, Jan 20, 2005
  5. Guest

    Hey thanks for the replies.
    Seymore, I contacted Tim via e-mail and his helping me out with the
    problem. He's a great guy!
    I opened the camera up and found the CCD glass to be chipped. Let's try
    and check if this was the problem.
    Thanks.
    , Jan 21, 2005