    stop,won't do nothing.already tried unplugging the unit and waiting a
    few minutes,nothing works.before i get a hammer to it,was hoping i could
    get some help here....Thanks.

    Theo, May 17, 2006

  2. Theo

    whosbest54 Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    >I have a 1500 and a 1600 DVD Recorder.i recorded a dvd+rw on the
    >1500,played it back on the 1600.no problem .i formatted the dvd on the
    >1600,after i viewed it.when i put it back in the 1600,all it does is
    >read the dvd...it's stuck there.just keeps on reading it.won't eject or
    >stop,won't do nothing.already tried unplugging the unit and waiting a
    >few minutes,nothing works.before i get a hammer to it,was hoping i could
    >get some help here....Thanks.

    If repeated attempts to open the player with the drawer button fail, then
    it's normally possible to open the case with a phillips screwdriver and
    manually remove the disc without damaging the unit.

    whosbest54

    http://members.aol.com/whosbest54/

    http://members.aol.com/whosbest54/rmb.html

    whosbest54, May 17, 2006

  3. On Wed, 17 May 2006 11:17:13 -0500, (Theo) wrote:

    >I have a 1500 and a 1600 DVD Recorder.i recorded a dvd+rw on the
    >1500,played it back on the 1600.no problem .i formatted the dvd on the
    >1600,after i viewed it.when i put it back in the 1600,all it does is
    >read the dvd...it's stuck there.just keeps on reading it.won't eject or
    >stop,won't do nothing.already tried unplugging the unit and waiting a
    >few minutes,nothing works.before i get a hammer to it,was hoping i could
    >get some help here....Thanks.

    The 1600 is very finicky about discs.
    Immediately after powering it up, hit the open button repeatedly until you
    get the indicator that says it's opening. (But don't hit the button again,
    or it will start to load again.) You have to catch it before it gets
    locked into its load cycle.

    Kimba W. Lion, May 17, 2006
  4. Theo

    Bob Guest

    On Wed, 17 May 2006 11:17:13 -0500, (Theo) wrote:

    >I have a 1500 and a 1600 DVD Recorder.i recorded a dvd+rw on the
    >1500,played it back on the 1600.no problem .i formatted the dvd on the
    >1600,after i viewed it.when i put it back in the 1600,all it does is
    >read the dvd...it's stuck there.just keeps on reading it.won't eject or
    >stop,won't do nothing.already tried unplugging the unit and waiting a
    >few minutes,nothing works.before i get a hammer to it,was hoping i could
    >get some help here....Thanks.

    Which model? There's ZU and MU and MU1

    Which firmware?

    I would take it back for a full refund immediately after you get the
    disc out. Then buy the ILO DVDRMU1 from WalMart for $99. Call ILO tech
    support and get the latest f/w ver. 6.10.

    --

    "A politician's neck should always have a noose around it.
    It keeps him upright."

    Bob, May 18, 2006