Cyber-bully encourages others to abuse victim

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gregory Parker, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:32:22 +1300, "wassup" <-----@----.---.nz> wrote:

    >A Lower Hutt schoolgirl who created a website to direct a wave of public
    >abuse against a 12-year-old classmate had no idea how out of hand her very
    >public revenge would get.
    >
    >The principal of the girls at the centre of New Zealand's first known case
    >of cyber bullying said the pupil who set up the site was shocked at the
    >level of abuse directed at her victim, some of it from pupils at other
    >schools who knew neither girl.
    >
    >The Dominion Post reported yesterday that the site, created after a
    >schoolyard spat between the girls, included a section where visitors were
    >encouraged to post foul messages attacking the victim.
    >
    >(Continues....)
    >
    >http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2733345a11,00.html

    Yes I know it happens to me here all the time..

    wassup, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Gregory  Parker

    Jason M Guest

    Jason M, Nov 21, 2003
  4. On 21 Nov 2003, Gregory Parker wrote

    > On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:32:22 +1300, "wassup" <-----@----.---.nz>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>A Lower Hutt schoolgirl who created a website to direct a wave of
    >>public abuse against a 12-year-old classmate had no idea how out of
    >>hand her very public revenge would get.
    >>
    >>The principal of the girls at the centre of New Zealand's first known
    >>case of cyber bullying said the pupil who set up the site was shocked
    >>at the level of abuse directed at her victim, some of it from pupils
    >>at other schools who knew neither girl.
    >>
    >>The Dominion Post reported yesterday that the site, created after a
    >>schoolyard spat between the girls, included a section where visitors
    >>were encouraged to post foul messages attacking the victim.
    >>
    >>(Continues....)
    >>
    >>http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2733345a11,00.html
    >>

    > Yes I know it happens to me here all the time..

    Ask yourself why.

    You are comparing apples with sour grapes.

    She is a 12-year-old girl still at school; you are a not-far-from-70-
    year-old man who thinks he knows it all (but doesn't).

    There is NO similarity. NONE!

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Nov 21, 2003
  5. Gregory  Parker

    AD. Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:27:55 +1300, Gregory Parker wrote:

    > Yes I know it happens to me here all the time..

    It's not as bad as the abuse the rest home staff give you though is it?

    AD., Nov 21, 2003
  6. On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:54:37 +1300, "AD." <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:27:55 +1300, Gregory Parker wrote:
    >
    >> Yes I know it happens to me here all the time..

    >It's not as bad as the abuse the rest home staff give you though is it?

    Na you mean the corpses in the crypt that I have the problems with..

    Gregory Parker, Nov 21, 2003
  7. Gregory  Parker

    AD. Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:18:02 +1300, Gregory Parker wrote:

    > On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:54:37 +1300, "AD." <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:27:55 +1300, Gregory Parker wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yes I know it happens to me here all the time..

    >>It's not as bad as the abuse the rest home staff give you though is it?

    > Na you mean the corpses in the crypt that I have the problems with..

    Hehe :)

    At least you don't take it too seriously.

    AD., Nov 21, 2003
  8. "Jason M" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:32:22 +1300, "wassup" <-----@----.---.nz>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >New Zealand's first known case of cyber bullying

    > Have Stuff never heard of Usenet?

    Thankyou Jason,
    I was going to say something very similar,
    well done
    :)

    Patua te ngangara, Nov 21, 2003
  9. Gregory  Parker

    Redbaiter Guest

    Patua te ngangara says

    > "Jason M" <> wrote in message
    > > On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:32:22 +1300, "wassup" <-----@----.---.nz>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >New Zealand's first known case of cyber bullying

    > > Have Stuff never heard of Usenet?
    > >

    > Thankyou Jason,
    > I was going to say something very similar,
    > well done
    > :)

    Maybe you can explain how it is possible to bully someone when
    participation is completely voluntary and one can select which
    posts to read and which to ignore.

    This is PC crap, and typcial of the lying stalking cheating fake
    named scumbag Jason Mamford, the sneaking snooping copper who
    through his intolerance of the views of others and his typically
    extreme leftist totalitarian lack of respect for freedom of
    expression, has caused more trouble on this ng than any other
    poster. No wonder cops sometimes get a bad rap..

    --
    Redbaiter
    In the leftist's lexicon, the lowest of the low

    Redbaiter, Nov 21, 2003
  10. Gregory  Parker

    Ron McNulty Guest

    The DomPost article seems to suggest that this could be fixed by home users
    using a firewall. Isn't technology clever!

    Regards

    Ron

    Ron McNulty, Nov 21, 2003
  11. Jason M wrote:
    > On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:32:22 +1300, "wassup" <-----@----.---.nz>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> New Zealand's first known case of cyber bullying

    > Have Stuff never heard of Usenet?

    Difficult to say. 'Stuff' is a big collective. From time to time I recall
    some media references to Usenet but few and far between. so some journo's
    do know about Usenet but it would seem to me that in general the news media
    consider Usenet a minority kind og thing...

    Bryan Souster, Nov 21, 2003