Cyber Blackmail

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Netuser 58, Dec 30, 2003.

  1. Netuser 58

    Netuser 58 Guest

    Netuser 58, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Netuser 58

    Tracker Guest

    lightning_b0lt wrote:

    > ha ha ,,gone r the days when u could just exploit things for fun !!!!
    >
    > "Netuser 58" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Cyber criminals will try anything & everything.
    > >
    > > Watch for this one:
    > >

    > http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/st...ff/story/0002/20031229/072243119.htm&sc=rittz

    That type of hacking extortion has been going on for years but at a higher extortion fee and the targets are big
    corporations and banks.

    Tracker
    Tracker, Dec 30, 2003

  3. lightning_b0lt, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Netuser 58

    Pete Guest

    Pete, Dec 30, 2003
  5. In article <>, on Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:02:44 +0300, Tracker
    <"snailmail222000(valid)"@yahoo.com> wrote:

    <snip crap/>

    | Tracker

    GENERAL COMPUTER HEALTH WARNING
    -------------------------------

    The User by the name "Tracker" aka Debbie, regularly posts incorrect,
    misleading and damaging information.

    Reliance on the advice presented may result in irrepairable damage to
    your system and you are warned not to take anything seriously that
    this person posts.

    Exercise caution and DO NOT DISCLOSE YOUR E-MAIL under any
    circumstances whatsoever.

    To rely on the advice of this person could result in irreparable damage
    to your system.

    Do NOT feed the Trolls, one warning is enough, further messages
    only reinforce the desire for attention that provides motivation.

    <davidp />

    --
    David Postill
    David Postill, Dec 30, 2003
  6. "David Postill" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, on Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:02:44

    +0300, Tracker
    > <"snailmail222000(valid)"@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > <snip crap/>
    > | Tracker
    >
    > GENERAL COMPUTER HEALTH WARNING
    > -------------------------------
    >
    > The User by the name "Tracker" aka Debbie, regularly posts incorrect,
    > misleading and damaging information.
    >
    > Reliance on the advice presented may result in irrepairable damage to
    > your system and you are warned not to take anything seriously that
    > this person posts.
    >
    > Exercise caution and DO NOT DISCLOSE YOUR E-MAIL under any
    > circumstances whatsoever.
    >
    > To rely on the advice of this person could result in irreparable damage
    > to your system.
    >
    > Do NOT feed the Trolls, one warning is enough, further messages
    > only reinforce the desire for attention that provides motivation.
    > <davidp />

    Not that I'm disagreeing (still awaiting an answer from last time ;o).. but.
    in this case she's actually correct.

    Still amazed that Reuters (of all people) carried the posted story, though.

    --

    Hairy One Kenobi

    in the first place. So there!
    Hairy One Kenobi, Dec 30, 2003
  7. Netuser 58

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 23:58:54 -0000, "Hairy One Kenobi"
    <abuse@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

    >Still amazed that Reuters (of all people) carried the posted story, though.

    They certainly did, because I read it on the system at our local
    daily. It does, however, have the look of a bit of news concocted
    by two journalists down the pub rather than anything real.

    There is the problem of accepting payment without being traced.

    Demanding small amounts of money mean that you have to do lots
    of it for it to be worthwhile and one person complaining to the
    police and its all over.

    If its a mass mailing job, I haven't seen one and the offers of
    Viag?a untold millions from the dark continent, and renew your
    paypal password come in OK. I've won several lotteries without
    a ticket too. AND adverts for that hotel ;)

    --
    Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Dec 31, 2003
  8. Netuser 58

    Jim Watt Guest

    For real evidence see: http://www.gibnet.com/security/

    --
    Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jan 4, 2004
  9. Netuser 58

    Tracker Guest

    Tracker, Jan 4, 2004
  10. In article <>, on Sun, 04 Jan 2004 12:20:05 +0100, Jim
    Watt <_way> wrote:

    | On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 03:23:39 -0800, Tracker
    | <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote:
    |

    | >Netuser 58 wrote:
    | >
    | >> Cyber criminals will try anything & everything.
    | >>
    | >> Watch for this one:
    | >> http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/st...ff/story/0002/20031229/072243119.htm&sc=rittz
    | >
    | >Cyberblackmail has been around for years and this is the least of the dangers of malicious hackers. Search on the word
    | >"Extortion" for starters and see how this word and malicious hackers exist.
    | >
    | >Tracker
    |
    | For real evidence see: http://www.gibnet.com/security/

    <splorf />

    <davidp />