    will they do a quick swap where they use your credit card as a deposit and
    issue an rma# and a return shipping label for the old camera? Thanks

    Please reply to the group cause the email address is fake.
    dude, Dec 7, 2003

  2. dude

    Charlie Guest

    Once after dropping one of our CX4230's to the floor I had the same symptom
    as you described. I removed the rechargeable battery and reseated it in the
    camera's battery compartment. That did the trick. maybe this might
    help...YMMV

    --

    Charlie in Mississippi
    (driftin' blues player and gospel picker)

    "dude" <> wrote in message
    > I purchased a refurb cx4230 w/dock 2 on e-bay last month and the battery
    > that came with the dock would not charge. The green power light on the

    dock
    > comes on but the charge lights would not light at all. I then tried a
    > different dock, same thing...I noticed that there is a small switch in the
    > battery compartment of the 4230 that the rechargeable battery engages when
    > inserted. This switch must send a signal to the charger that the correct
    > battery is inserted and it's ok to activate the charger. This circiut is
    > probably at fault. If there is an easy fix for this camera, please let me
    > know. The camera came with a 1 year warranty from kodak, the ebay seller

    did
    > not offer a warranty. Does kodak require the camera to be returned first,

    or

    Charlie, Dec 9, 2003

  3. dude

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Dude,

    Sorry to hear that your battery is not charging. I suspect it is due to the
    battery being drained. This experience has been reviewed before but let me
    review for you. Actually, when charging Ni-MH batteries for the first time
    after long-term storage, deactivation of reactants may lead to increased
    battery voltage and decreased capacity, which causes premature termination
    of charging (fools the charger).

    Batteries are chemical products involving internal chemical reactions and
    performance deteriorates with prolonged storage. This is a normal condition
    in all Ni-MH batteries. The first-time charge of the KODAK EASYSHARE Ni-MH
    Rechargeable Battery Pack should take a minimum of 2 hours. If the Camera
    Dock charge cycle shows complete, indicating a full charge, in less than 2
    hours, repeat the charge cycle as follows: Subsequent charges of the KODAK
    EASYSHARE Ni-MH Battery Pack will not require multiple charging cycles
    unless left uncharged for a long period of time (greater than 2 weeks).

    - First-Time Charge/Conditioning Process:

    1. Reseat the battery in the camera, dock insert, AC power cable and camera.
    2. To begin charging, place the camera on the KODAK EASYSHARE Camera Dock.
    [refer to your camera User's Guide for details] Make a note of what time the
    charge cycle begins as this is important to the charging process.

    Note: If using a EASYSHARE Rapid Charger, place the KODAK Ni-MH Battery Pack
    in the charger. (light flashes red to indicate charging, light turns off
    when the cycle is complete)

    3. When the charging cycle indicates complete, remove the camera from the
    dock. Make a note of the amount of time it took to complete that charging
    cycle.
    4. After a minimum of 5 minutes place the camera back on the dock. The
    charging cycle will resume. Again, noting the time that charging cycle
    begins.
    5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the combined charge time, while in the charge
    cycle, equals a minimum of 2 hours.
    6. If the camera is frequently used (every day) the camera can be left on
    the dock when not in use, to ensure that battery is charged and ready at all
    times.
    7. If the camera is used infrequently (not every day) the camera should be
    left OFF the dock and placed on shortly before use. This will ensure the
    battery will keep it's integrity and strength.

    Note: The KODAK EASYSHARE Rapid Charger does not trickle charge, therefore
    the battery will need to be removed when the charge cycle is complete.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Dec 9, 2003