    disabling my Quick launch bar. Now This I can not live with. Any idea which
    of these programs is doing this?

    Joe

    Joe, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Joe

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in
    news::

    > think Spybot.

    Spybot, ad aware, and CW shredder have never contained any form of spyware.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Ok Since you think I am wrong I made screen shots of the messages I get when
    I open Spybot and put them on my personal home page. Click Here
    www.joefoster.com look at them and explain this. It seems to me Spybot
    admits they install Adware.

    Joe

    Joe, Jul 4, 2004
  4. Joe

    Thor Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > I installed and ran all of these yesterday and they cleaned up a lot of

    junk
    > but one of them actually appears to have installed an adware of some sort.

    > think Spybot. Now the adware that is left is not that bad, only one or two
    > popups everytime I use the computer. I can live with that although I would
    > rather not.

    Spybot doesn't install Spyware. It does however, have a resident spyware
    detection and prevention program that can be enabled, or disabled, in
    addition to it's immunizer feature. Perhaps that is what you are seeing.

    Thor, Jul 4, 2004
  5. Joe wrote:
    > Ok Since you think I am wrong I made screen shots of the messages I
    > get when I open Spybot and put them on my personal home page. Click
    > Here www.joefoster.com look at them and explain this.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! LEarn to fucking read, you dumb ****.

    BWAHAHAHA!!! Of all the gormless fucks on the planet, you're king shit.

    "If you remove advertisements products with THIS program, you may not be
    allowed to continue using THEIR [products] ... "

    This, their. Their, this. This, their? Still with it, cuntfungus for brains?

    Joe, the spouting, amercing harridan, Jul 4, 2004
  6. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Click on this link www.joefoster.com to my home page and read the messages I
    am getting ( I made screen shots and put them there) from Spybot. It seems
    to say quite clearly that it is installing Adware.

    Joe

    Joe, Jul 4, 2004
  7. Joe

    Thor Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > Click on this link www.joefoster.com to my home page and read the messages

    > am getting ( I made screen shots and put them there) from Spybot. It seems
    > to say quite clearly that it is installing Adware.

    No, you are misreading what it is telling you Joe. The first warning box is
    merely informing you that if you remove spyware and adware from your
    computer, some programs that came bundled with that spyware or adware
    attached may no longer function. For example, Dialup Accelerator Pro comes
    with ad support. Spybot will detect that as adware, and offer to remove the
    adware. It is pre-warning you that in doing so, Dialup Accelerator Pro may
    no longer function when it's adware component has been removed by Spybot.
    It's not referring to the presence of any spyware installed by Spybot. There
    is no adware or spyware installed with Spybot.

    Now, onto the second message. Spybot is telling you that you presently have
    Lavasoft's ADAWARE program installed (notice the extra "A" in there, because
    it's referring to the spyware removal program called AdAware, not "ADWARE".
    The reason this warning appears, is because if you have AdAware set up to
    scan within archive files (zipfile, etc) it may erroneously detect Spybot's
    backup files. Spybot creates archived backups of everything it removes so in
    the event of trouble, it can easily be restored. These backups can also be
    purged from the system by using the appropriate controls in the program. Ad
    Aware may detect these an think they are spyware when they have been already
    quarantined by Spybot. So there is nothing to worry about here Joe. You can
    rest easy.

    Thor, Jul 4, 2004
  8. Joe

    Fred Guest

    Joe wrote:
    > Click on this link www.joefoster.com to my home page and read the messages

    > am getting ( I made screen shots and put them there) from Spybot. It seems
    > to say quite clearly that it is installing Adware.

    Dear Joe,
    You are obviously too stupid to own a computer.
    Please pack it up in it's box and return it immediately.
    Take up reading books or watching television instead.
    HTH

    > Joe
    >

    > "Thor" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Joe" <> wrote in message
    >>> I installed and ran all of these yesterday and they cleaned up a lot of

    junk
    >>> but one of them actually appears to have installed an adware of some

    sort. I

    Fred, Jul 4, 2004
  9. Joe

    Global_Killa Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > Ok Since you think I am wrong I made screen shots of the messages I get

    when
    > I open Spybot and put them on my personal home page. Click Here
    > www.joefoster.com look at them and explain this. It seems to me Spybot
    > admits they install Adware.
    >
    > Joe

    Read what the messages are telling you again. It is clear that it is telling
    you that the Ad-Aware folder might contain spyware/adware if you have
    choosen to backup the files that Ad-Aware removes from your computer. These
    are not installed on your computer, only a backup and can be safely deleted.

    Some programs such as DAP 7 and Kazaa need spyware/adware to run. If you
    remove the spyware/adware they contain the programs will not work. This is
    because they check that you haven't removed them before loading, or require
    a spyware/adware file to run.

    You need to pay more attention to what your reading.

    --
    Global_Killa

    http://punkthenation.tk

    Global_Killa, Jul 4, 2004