    --

    Quote of the Day

    90% of life is just showing up!!

    Aim High, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Aim High

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:08:19 -0700, "Aim High" <>
    wrote:

    >I used CWShredder to remove a variant of CWS successfully and now I lost the
    >ability to open or use NAV and there is a red X through the tray icon. No
    >auto protect and the enable button is grayed out. Can't update or anything.
    >Removing and reinstalling doesn't correct the problem. Anyone see this
    >condition before? No other malware on machine.
    >
    >??

    You need tools to remove Norton completely before a reinstall can be done.

    Download Norton's Symclean & RNAV to remove all of Norton's components:
    http://service2.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.nsf/docid/2001101612274407
    http://service1.symantec.com/support/nsw.nsf/c851d9242b6f1c4d88256d8000469d43/a23c15c3f46a2bea88256cfa006bd852/$FILE/SYMCLN.EXE

    Rnav for NAV 2003 and earlier:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/8d071816eedd7cac88256c0e005a96e5/33497f6e8a319ece88256ace0076cc02/$FILE/Rnav2003.exe

    How to uninstall Norton AntiVirus by using the Rnav2003.exe
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001092114452606

    How to uninstall Norton AntiVirus 2000/2001/2002
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001061911223206

    How to uninstall Norton SystemWorks manually.
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.nsf/docid/2001100212100807

    http://www.symantec.com/search/

    Run 1st: symclean
    Run 2nd: RNAV

    Also do a computer search and remove any folder that contains
    "Catalog.LiveSubscribe"

    If you have Norton Internet Security (NIS) installed, also search
    for the "Rnis removal utility"

    Run regedit, and clean 2 entries:
    1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Symantec
    2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Symantec

    Delete folders:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
    C:\Program Files\Symantec
    C:\Windows\Application Data\Symantec
    C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\

    XP - Loss of Internet access after uninstalling Norton Antivirus software
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812335
    1.Click Start, and then click Run.
    2.In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
    3.Locate the following Registry key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DHCP
    DependOnService
    Note The variable lists SYMTDI.
    4.Edit the value to remove SYMTDI from the dependency list.
    5.Restart the computer.

    Unk, Jun 8, 2004