Customize Visual Studio

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Ger4ld, May 30, 2004.

  1. Ger4ld

    Ger4ld Guest

    Hi,

    I have an issue with visual studio 2003 on how they format
    your codes on the document window.
    When I am putting controls on the form using drag-and-drop,
    and switching to the other tab to look at the code, I dont
    liek how they format the codes. Especially the embedded
    styles on the controls.
    sample:
    <asp:textbox id="TextBox1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT:
    216px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 104px"
    runat="server"></asp:textbox>

    What i wanted is if possible have Visual Studio
    automatically separate styles from the BODY of the HTML
    file and put it on the HEAD region. For reasons of
    readability/clarity, easy access, and personal preference.
    If this is not possible, can you at least set VStudio 2003
    to write the style attributes and values all in lowercase
    or any preference? I tried setting through the options in
    this procedure:

    Tools->Options->Text Editor->CSS->Format

    sample setting:
    Style: Semi-expanded
    Capitalization: Lowercase
    Preview:
    BODY {
    color: red;
    font-family: Arial;
    }

    But this does not seem to work. The style attributes
    embedded in web controls are still written in ALL-CAPS.

    Is there a way to fix this?

    ..
    Ger4ld, May 30, 2004

  2. Ger4ld

    Eric Guest

    Ger4ld wrote:

    > I have an issue with visual studio 2003 on how they format
    > your codes on the document window.

    the new VS 2005 that will be in beta soon has much better formatting
    options...

    Eric
    Eric, Jun 1, 2004