    Patent Attorney
    Mills Law Firm, PLLC
    http://www.millspatentlaw.com

    Mike Phillips, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Mike Phillips

    dantu Guest

    Mike Phillips wrote:

    > Thurnderbird appears to have every feature I want for a newsgroup
    > reader -- except one. I added the "Next" button to the toolbar. Is
    > there a way to add "Thread", which is the same as pressing the "T" key
    > on the keyboard, to the toolbar?

    Mike

    I am at a loss, what does "Thread" or the "T" key do?

    dantu, Nov 13, 2003

  3. dantu wrote:
    > Mike Phillips wrote:
    >
    >> Thurnderbird appears to have every feature I want for a newsgroup
    >> reader -- except one. I added the "Next" button to the toolbar. Is
    >> there a way to add "Thread", which is the same as pressing the "T" key
    >> on the keyboard, to the toolbar?
    >>

    > Mike
    >
    > I am at a loss, what does "Thread" or the "T" key do?

    When messages are show Threaded, pressing the T key causes all messages
    in the current thread to be marked as read, and the next unread message
    in the next unread thread opens. Try it.

    Mike Phillips, Nov 13, 2003
  4. Mike Phillips

    dantu Guest

    Mike Phillips wrote:

    > dantu wrote:
    >
    >> Mike Phillips wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thurnderbird appears to have every feature I want for a newsgroup
    >>> reader -- except one. I added the "Next" button to the toolbar. Is
    >>> there a way to add "Thread", which is the same as pressing the "T"
    >>> key on the keyboard, to the toolbar?
    >>>

    >> Mike
    >>
    >> I am at a loss, what does "Thread" or the "T" key do?
    >>

    > When messages are show Threaded, pressing the T key causes all
    > messages in the current thread to be marked as read, and the next
    > unread message in the next unread thread opens. Try it.

    Mike

    Ah, I habitually use the R key, but the T is much better as
    it opens the next unread as well. Thanks

    Offhand, I dont know of an 'easy' method to put the command
    into a toolbar, tho it doesnt sound all that difficult to accomplish,
    perhaps others here have an idea?
    If the people here cant help, you can try asking the question
    over on
    snews://secnews.netscape.com/netscape.mozilla.thunderbird

    dantu, Nov 13, 2003
  5. Mike Phillips

    James Guest

    dantu wrote:
    > Mike Phillips wrote:
    >
    >> dantu wrote:

    >>> Mike
    >>>
    >>> I am at a loss, what does "Thread" or the "T" key do?
    >>>

    >> When messages are show Threaded, pressing the T key causes all
    >> messages in the current thread to be marked as read, and the next
    >> unread message in the next unread thread opens. Try it.
    >>

    > Mike
    >
    > Ah, I habitually use the R key, but the T is much better as
    > it opens the next unread as well. Thanks
    >
    > Offhand, I dont know of an 'easy' method to put the command
    > into a toolbar, tho it doesnt sound all that difficult to accomplish,
    > perhaps others here have an idea?
    > If the people here cant help, you can try asking the question
    > over on
    > snews://secnews.netscape.com/netscape.mozilla.thunderbird

    Wow,
    this is great, I didn't know those moves.
    I just dumped IE and OE for fbird tbird and am amazed at the new features.
    One thing I miss is the "synchronize" feature - customisable to include
    particular newsgroups and email accounts as well as defining what part
    of messages to download.
    Can anyone advise?
    James

    James, Nov 15, 2003