    hours??

    I need this for my work computers so that we can limit access for
    yahoo and windows live messenger
    neoserver, Aug 23, 2007

  2. neoserver

    Flyer Guest

    "neoserver" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am looking for a way to customize certain programs in windows XP,
    > say like yahoo messenger, where you can log in for up to an hour and
    > then it shuts down and you cannot access for up to 24 hours. is there
    > a program that can do this or a registry tweak which can achieve this?
    >
    > Or alternatively a program that can say limit windows live messenger
    > or yahoo messenger to have access to Internet for say up to an hour
    > and then restricts yahoo messenger from accessing the internet for 24
    > hours??
    >
    > I need this for my work computers so that we can limit access for
    > yahoo and windows live messenger

    if the folk that work for you don't need access via these programmes in
    order to accomplish what you pay them for, then remove them from their PC's
    ;-)
    Alternatively, give them ALL a mild warning that using these programmes is
    against company policy (if it isn't, make it so).
    They're there to work, not play, and whilst no-one really minds a bit of
    playtime now and then, it shouldn't intrude on their work ethics.
    maybe a gentle reminder is all that's needed ;-)
    Flyer, Aug 23, 2007