    (XP pro + SP2 )

    --
    Mike W

    Mike the Brewer, Oct 7, 2007

  2. Mike the Brewer

    Ed Cryer Guest

    "Mike the Brewer" <> wrote in message
    news:Vd6Oi.2283$...
    >I would like to replace the animated ( .gif ? ) which appears when
    >copying or moving files, with a humourous one of my own.
    > Even searching hidden folders in Windows I cannot find the original
    > and have no idea where to look in the registry.
    > Anyone have any ideas ?
    >
    > (XP pro + SP2 )
    >
    > --
    > Mike W

    Do a search for files with extension .ACS. You'll find most of them in
    C:\WINDOWS\MSAGENT\CHARS

    You can get lots more from;
    http://www.msagentring.org/chars.aspx

    or make your own from gifs and others;
    http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/prodinfo/faq/characters.aspx#howcreate

    Ed

    P.S. If you've made a really cool one, let's all have a look at it.

    Ed Cryer, Oct 7, 2007

  3. Mike the Brewer

    Gazwad Guest

    Ed Cryer <>, the drivelling-panhandler and macho
    Tonsil Jockey who likes dispassionate bowel loosening with chipmunks,
    and whose partner is a commercial beaver with a monstrous chopped ham,
    wrote in <feb6ud$9g7$>:

    > "Mike the Brewer" <> wrote in message
    >>I would like to replace the animated ( .gif ? ) which appears when copying
    >>or moving files, with a humourous one of my own.
    >> Even searching hidden folders in Windows I cannot find the original and
    >> have no idea where to look in the registry.
    >> Anyone have any ideas ?
    >>
    >> (XP pro + SP2 )
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike W
    >>

    > Do a search for files with extension .ACS. You'll find most of them in
    > C:\WINDOWS\MSAGENT\CHARS
    >
    > You can get lots more from;
    > http://www.msagentring.org/chars.aspx
    >
    > or make your own from gifs and others;
    > http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/prodinfo/faq/characters.aspx#howcreate
    >
    > Ed
    >
    > P.S. If you've made a really cool one, let's all have a look at it.

    You fuckwit, Ed.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Gazwad, Oct 7, 2007
  4. Mike the Brewer

    Ed Cryer Guest

    Keep away from drugs, and don't make war on civilisation. You won't win;
    you'll just be feeding your own personal spleen, which is conditioned
    not by the world at large, but either by your brain or family situation
    & upbringing.
    Look into both; study philosophy to acquire distinctions between right &
    wrong/ good & bad, and then set out to improve yourself. By so doing you
    will be improving the world at large.

    Ed

    Ed Cryer, Oct 8, 2007
  5. Mike the Brewer

    Gazwad Guest

    Ed Cryer <>, the hideous-homeless-man and nasty
    sword swallower who likes vulgar knob gobbing with north american
    porcupines, and whose partner is a screw with a wringing-wet velvet box,
    wrote in <fed1pe$kb3$>:
    > Keep away from drugs, and don't make war on civilisation. You won't win;
    > you'll just be feeding your own personal spleen, which is conditioned
    > not by the world at large, but either by your brain or family situation
    > & upbringing.
    > Look into both; study philosophy to acquire distinctions between right &
    > wrong/ good & bad, and then set out to improve yourself. By so doing you
    > will be improving the world at large.
    >
    > Ed

    Thanks Ed, you confirmed fuckwit.

    is but a dream within a dream.