    USB device is installed.

    Thanks for taking a look at my question
    Dave

    threademporium, Dec 29, 2007

  2. This really has nothing whatsoever to do with 64-bit Windows, the purpose of
    this particular newsgroup. You might have better luck over on one of the XP
    newsgroups.

    All that being said, there's really only two likely causes - a driver
    problem or a hardware problem. From your description, I'm guessing it's
    actually a hardware problem, probably with the touch pad. It sounds very
    much like the touch pad is defective.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 29, 2007

  3. threademporium

    John Barnes Guest

    This forum is for 64-bit problems, but it would appear you have either a
    hardware problem or you have a driver problem. You might try reinstalling
    the drivers first.

    John Barnes, Dec 29, 2007
  4. I had the same problem as you on a laptop of mine twice now. in one case the
    touchpad was defective and in the other the little blue mouse thing imbeded
    in the keyboard (Finger mouse they call it I think) was defective.

    Dave

    David Manvell, Dec 31, 2007
  5. threademporium

    John Barnes Guest

    Like Charlie said it would probably be the hardware, but it never hurts to
    try the driver first just in case you are lucky.

    John Barnes, Dec 31, 2007