    Jim S
    Tyneside UK
    www.jimscott.co.uk
    Jim S, Sep 25, 2007

  2. Jim S

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:51:59 GMT, Jim S <> wrote:

    >When I am working on some applications and I left-click on text, the cursor
    >shoots off somewhere else entirely. Usually the page scrolls down at the
    >same instant.
    >Where does the fault lie?

    Either in the mouse hardware, mouse software, the operating system, or
    the application.

    But since you've provided absolutely no details on any of the above,
    or no details at all, I have no idea.
    Evan Platt, Sep 26, 2007

  3. Jim S

    Jim S Guest

    On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:13:49 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:51:59 GMT, Jim S <> wrote:
    >
    >>When I am working on some applications and I left-click on text, the cursor
    >>shoots off somewhere else entirely. Usually the page scrolls down at the
    >>same instant.
    >>Where does the fault lie?

    > Either in the mouse hardware, mouse software, the operating system, or
    > the application.
    >
    > But since you've provided absolutely no details on any of the above,
    > or no details at all, I have no idea.

    OK sorry
    Win XP
    MS optical mouse
    The most obvious software is MS Expression Web, but I fancy that it
    happened with other applications like Word when editing.
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK
    Jim S, Sep 26, 2007
  4. Jim S

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 23:21:01 GMT, Jim S <> wrote:

    >OK sorry
    >Win XP
    >MS optical mouse
    >The most obvious software is MS Expression Web, but I fancy that it
    >happened with other applications like Word when editing.

    Try a different mouse would be the first thing to try.
    Evan Platt, Sep 26, 2007
  5. Jim S

    Guest

    Jim S <> wrote:

    >When I am working on some applications and I left-click on text, the cursor
    >shoots off somewhere else entirely. Usually the page scrolls down at the
    >same instant.
    >Where does the fault lie?

    Flys to the left then to the start menu?

    It's XP and your optical mouse, as mentioned, changing to a different
    mouse sometimes fixes it - Did for me.
    --
    Most panty raiders would wait until dark before attempting
    to steal a woman's underwear. Or at least wait until she's
  6. Jim S

    Plato Guest

    Jim S wrote:

    > When I am working on some applications and I left-click on text, the cursor
    > shoots off somewhere else entirely. Usually the page scrolls down at the
    > same instant.
    > Where does the fault lie?

    Same thing happens when you use a new mouse?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Oct 7, 2007