    please can anyone provide resources for the exact
    curriculum for the mcdst exams....i need this to stay on
    top thanx
    dipo, Nov 11, 2004

  2. dipo

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Nov 11, 2004

  3. dipo

    Guest Guest

    At the risk of repeating other people here, the overriding
    quality a DST needs is to be resourceful. The first
    section of both courses and MS books encourages you to get
    to know where to go for advice, eg Help and Support,
    Knowledge Base, TechNet, vendor sites etc.

    The info you require is easily available on the MS website
    and navigating to it is quite intuitive.

    As a DST you are not expected to be all-knowing but you do
    need to develop a mentality of self sufficiency which will
    serve you well in the "real world" when you're sitting at
    a user's desk without an exact idea of what is wrong. If
    you can work through troubleshooting in a logical fashion
    (even if the fifth thing you try is calling a colleague)
    you'll get there in the end and hopefully learn something
    in the process.

    If what you actually meant was "please email me a
    braindump" then you've no place in this discussion which
    is mostly made up of people who actually either support
    users and want to expand and formalise their knowledge or
    are looking for a qualification which will help them get a
    position doing so.

    As far as resources go I would recommend the MS Self Paced
    Training Kits for the 271 and 272. Approx total cost of
    70GBP (Amazon.co.uk) is a worthwhile investment in your
    future and they include practice tests and eval software
    on the CDs. The courses were also good but I felt rushed
    and expensive for what they actually covered (my company
    paid for mine since they require that I become certified).

    The above is simply my opinion, based on about 18 months
    as a support person. I sincerely hope you can "stay on
    top" (and forgive me if I'm smirking as I type this) in
    whatever fashion you desire.

    From a prospective MCDST

    Guest, Nov 11, 2004
  4. dipo