    don't know where to start. i'm happy with fixing desktops, but i hope i can
    do more.

    any suggestions, guys? thanks! :)

    Wikichugoku, Nov 17, 2007

  2. Wikichugoku

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day <> did cause
    the electrons to come together and form the following words:

    > inasmuch as i'd like to upgrade my certification, i'm just not sure
    > where to go. i don't have server exposure, and i've so forgotten how
    > to do programming (never really learned VB back in college, haha). i'd
    > like to learn, but i don't know where to start. i'm happy with fixing
    > desktops, but i hope i can do more.

    The next step in MS certification is MCSA followed by MCSE. Both are
    designed for people who already ahve experience in maintaining servers.
    So probably not you best choice.

    For the most part certifications are designed to prove you already know
    something, not to help you learn. So I think you are approaching this
    backwards. Figure out where you want to go in your career and start
    learning about the technologies involved in that path.

    Having said that, where you are now, I suppose A+ could be helpful
    although its not an "upgrade" as you were talking about.

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Nov 19, 2007

  3. Wikichugoku

    Ronald Guest

    Perhaps you may consider pursuing a certification that is geared toward the
    job that you really want.

    Best Regards

    Ronald, Dec 11, 2007