Current state of Telecom's 'broadband'?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Nov 5, 2011.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    With my latest landline bill there's a flyer advertising 'Total Home Mobile'
    (THM) package. Apparently $99/month for "most Auck, Well, and CHCH suburbs"
    or $109 for other areas.

    Broadband includes 20GB data with the option to add more 'to suit needs'.

    Landline is 29c/minute to Telecom mobiles, 38c/min to others. Unlimited
    local calling and includes line rental.

    XT Mobile includes 300 txts a month 'free' and 29c/min to any NZ mobile or
    landline. I don't have an 'XT mobile' but they give $50 off a handset of
    choice for a 12-month contract.

    I currently pay:

    Telecom landline: $53.40
    Actrix B/band [~50GB/month] $61.28*
    2º Mobile pre-pay ~$20/month**
    Total $134.68/month

    *"Grandfathered" plan. Current plans aren't quite so attractive which is a
    concern as I'd not be able to get back on this plan if I were to change,
    then try to change back. Actrix BB is excellent with great speeds most of
    the day but a slight slow-down from 4pm to 6pm.

    ** I used to pay $20/month as that got me a bunch of free texts (200?) and
    calls to 2º fones for 22c/min for 30 days. However they've just raised the
    minimum payment from 1st October to $30 before you get any 'freebies'. (You
    can still top up $20 at a time but you don't get any 'Freebies'.)
    Unfortunately my budget's so damn tight that I can't pay $30/month on my
    pre-pay so am putting $20 on and being charged 8c/text and 44c/minute. (Note
    to self: Try to pay $30 every 45 days so that at least I get Freebies *some*
    of the time.)

    THM is a static IP plan.
    http://www.telecom.co.nz/totalhome/plansandpricing/totalhomemobile

    I haven't checked to see if Pukekohe is one of "most" Auckland suberbs yet
    but knowing Telecom I doubt it. That would take it up to $109/month
    base-rate.

    Add in the fact that I use more data nd it seems they want to charge an
    extra $30 for a 60GB allowance (50GB not offered). That takes me up to $139
    for THM. More than I'm currently paying but with free texts and slightly
    cheaper mobile calls. *However* no 'free minutes' so any calls would be on
    top of the $139.

    So, currently paying ~$135, a THM package to suit would cost $139 PLUS I'd
    be charged for all calls from the mobile, not having the $20 credit/month I
    currently have with 2º.

    Hmmm. It looked attractive at first glance and my question was regarding the
    quality of Telecom's BB these days. However, now that the sums are done it
    seems that I'd be better trying to come up with the extra $5/month over the
    THM deal ($10/month over what I pay now) to become elligible for the
    freebies from 2º again (extortionist bastards!). Also I'd have to get a new
    phone if I went to Telecom.

    <going a little OT>

    Ok, sorry, as you were. That seems like it was an excercise in futility. As
    it is W&I reduced my benefit by $11/week in September and said at that time
    they're going to reduce it a further $30/week, (I can't remember if it was
    in 3 months or 6 months as I was in shock). Since September my credit card
    debts have crept up a little, I didn't have an 'wiggle room' on my previous
    benefit level and it's starting to show :-( . When they drop me by another
    $30 (if I can't head it off) a warm bath with a razor and/or a hairdrier
    might be nice.
    --
    Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

    ~misfit~, Nov 5, 2011

  2. ~misfit~

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-11-05, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    > With my latest landline bill there's a flyer advertising 'Total Home Mobile'
    > (THM) package. Apparently $99/month for "most Auck, Well, and CHCH suburbs"
    > or $109 for other areas.

    {snip} a darn good bit of deeper thinking than Telecom palnned for.

    A friend of mine commented some many moons ago that It all the same stuff
    repackaged to look better. Its new so it has to be better Right? Yeah right!

    This plan to repackage the same total cost works for most "service" companies.
    Banks, power, ISPs etc.

    The real question is it cheaper for me? Not, cool that looks great eh?

    Gordon, Nov 5, 2011

  3. ~misfit~

    Your Name Guest

    In article <>, Gordon <>
    wrote:

    > On 2011-11-05, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    > > With my latest landline bill there's a flyer advertising 'Total Home

    Mobile'
    > > (THM) package. Apparently $99/month for "most Auck, Well, and CHCH suburbs"
    > > or $109 for other areas.

    > {snip} a darn good bit of deeper thinking than Telecom palnned for.
    >
    > A friend of mine commented some many moons ago that It all the same stuff
    > repackaged to look better. Its new so it has to be better Right? Yeah right!
    >
    > This plan to repackage the same total cost works for most "service" companies.
    > Banks, power, ISPs etc.
    >
    > The real question is it cheaper for me? Not, cool that looks great eh?

    Cheaper isn't usually better. :)

    Slingshot is advertising an "unlimited" broadband plan for something like
    $60 per month. I haven't bothered to look at it, but you'll probably find
    it uses a s-l-o-w broadband or some other catch.

    Your Name, Nov 5, 2011
  4. On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 18:37:47 +1300, (Your Name)
    wrote:

    >In article <>, Gordon <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> On 2011-11-05, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    >> > With my latest landline bill there's a flyer advertising 'Total Home

    >Mobile'
    >> > (THM) package. Apparently $99/month for "most Auck, Well, and CHCH suburbs"
    >> > or $109 for other areas.

    >> {snip} a darn good bit of deeper thinking than Telecom palnned for.
    >>
    >> A friend of mine commented some many moons ago that It all the same stuff
    >> repackaged to look better. Its new so it has to be better Right? Yeah right!
    >>
    >> This plan to repackage the same total cost works for most "service" companies.
    >> Banks, power, ISPs etc.
    >>
    >> The real question is it cheaper for me? Not, cool that looks great eh?

    >Cheaper isn't usually better. :)
    >
    >Slingshot is advertising an "unlimited" broadband plan for something like
    >$60 per month. I haven't bothered to look at it, but you'll probably find
    >it uses a s-l-o-w broadband or some other catch.

    A friend of mine is very happy with it, I think he stated that its
    shaped but he gets good speed out of it and its a very good price.

    Frank Williams, Nov 5, 2011
  5. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Your Name wrote:
    > In article <>, Gordon
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2011-11-05, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    >>> With my latest landline bill there's a flyer advertising 'Total
    >>> Home Mobile' (THM) package. Apparently $99/month for "most Auck,
    >>> Well, and CHCH suburbs" or $109 for other areas.

    >> {snip} a darn good bit of deeper thinking than Telecom palnned for.
    >>
    >> A friend of mine commented some many moons ago that It all the same
    >> stuff repackaged to look better. Its new so it has to be better
    >> Right? Yeah right!
    >>
    >> This plan to repackage the same total cost works for most "service"
    >> companies. Banks, power, ISPs etc.
    >>
    >> The real question is it cheaper for me? Not, cool that looks great
    >> eh?

    > Cheaper isn't usually better. :)
    >
    > Slingshot is advertising an "unlimited" broadband plan for something
    > like $60 per month. I haven't bothered to look at it, but you'll
    > probably find it uses a s-l-o-w broadband or some other catch.

    My current Actrix broadband will let me pull in a GB in under an hour
    easilly most any time of the day (depending on the originating server of
    course). I hit www.speedtest.net this afternoon at 4:30pm and got 15.9 /
    0.95 Mb/s.

    ~misfit~, Nov 5, 2011
  6. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs bugalugs wrote:
    > On 6/11/2011 1:46 a.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Your Name wrote:

    >>> Cheaper isn't usually better. :)
    >>>
    >>> Slingshot is advertising an "unlimited" broadband plan for something
    >>> like $60 per month. I haven't bothered to look at it, but you'll
    >>> probably find it uses a s-l-o-w broadband or some other catch.

    >> My current Actrix broadband will let me pull in a GB in under an hour
    >> easilly most any time of the day (depending on the originating
    >> server of course). I hit www.speedtest.net this afternoon at 4:30pm
    >> and got 15.9 / 0.95 Mb/s.

    > I'd stick with Actrix for the 50GB for 60bux.
    >
    > I've been on the $109 deal for a couple of years now and it works for
    > me. My circumstances are: They recently increased my monthly
    > allowance up to 20GB but prior to that @10 I could only watch 1 GP
    > per month. And that had to be one that took place towards the end of
    > my billing cycle. (getting one early and then spending 3 weeks on
    > dial-up, because I'd exceeded my 10GB, is not good) A good reason to
    > stick with Actrix
    > Tolls; friends/relatives ring/email with 'call me' so it saves them
    >
    > Cellphone; now with 2-degrees. Apart from electricity to keep the
    > battery charged it has cost me about $19 for 12 months. I get/make
    > very few calls. Prior to that I was with Telecom at $15 a month for
    > calls (& if I wanted text that was another $6) most times I'd only
    > make 1 or 2 calls a month. $7.50 for a call put me off.
    >
    > Speedtest @noon yesterday was 13.2 / 0.37 to Ak but am in the process
    > of replacing the modem.

    Thanks for the info mate, handy to know.

    BTW I'm enjoying a surfeit of rhubarb at the moment. Thanks again for the
    'starter plants'. :)

    Which reminds me... Where's Nik these days?

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Nov 5, 2011
  7. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Gordon wrote:
    > On 2011-11-05, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    >> With my latest landline bill there's a flyer advertising 'Total Home
    >> Mobile' (THM) package. Apparently $99/month for "most Auck, Well,
    >> and CHCH suburbs" or $109 for other areas.

    > {snip} a darn good bit of deeper thinking than Telecom palnned for.
    >
    > A friend of mine commented some many moons ago that It all the same
    > stuff repackaged to look better. Its new so it has to be better
    > Right? Yeah right!
    >
    > This plan to repackage the same total cost works for most "service"
    > companies. Banks, power, ISPs etc.
    >
    > The real question is it cheaper for me? Not, cool that looks great eh?

    Heh! Yep. It's no problem to pay separate bills (a reason I keep hearing
    from folks who have everything with one vendor) if you're getting more for
    your $ by doing so. Five minutes doing on-line banking and it's taken care
    of. I can never understand the rationale behind the "Oh, it's much easier to
    pay one bill a month" crap personally. It shows a lazy or disorganised mind
    IMO.

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Nov 5, 2011
  8. ~misfit~

    Richard Guest

    On 11/6/2011 12:33 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Heh! Yep. It's no problem to pay separate bills (a reason I keep hearing
    > from folks who have everything with one vendor) if you're getting more for
    > your $ by doing so. Five minutes doing on-line banking and it's taken care
    > of. I can never understand the rationale behind the "Oh, it's much easier to
    > pay one bill a month" crap personally. It shows a lazy or disorganised mind
    > IMO.

    You get things slightly cheaper that way, since if your sky is invoiced
    to your phone account, they are more likly to get paid since peoples
    phone is more essental than sky so will get paid first. Put the sky on
    the phone account and then it needs to be paid too or the phone gets cut
    off.

    Richard, Nov 6, 2011
  9. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Richard wrote:
    > On 11/6/2011 12:33 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Heh! Yep. It's no problem to pay separate bills (a reason I keep
    >> hearing from folks who have everything with one vendor) if you're
    >> getting more for your $ by doing so. Five minutes doing on-line
    >> banking and it's taken care of. I can never understand the rationale
    >> behind the "Oh, it's much easier to pay one bill a month" crap
    >> personally. It shows a lazy or disorganised mind IMO.

    > You get things slightly cheaper that way, since if your sky is
    > invoiced to your phone account, they are more likly to get paid since
    > peoples phone is more essental than sky so will get paid first. Put
    > the sky on the phone account and then it needs to be paid too or the
    > phone gets cut off.

    I don't know about Sky on the phone bill but I do know that the phone always
    gets paid on time here. I was two days late paying Telecom one month last
    year and they added $15 'late fees'! I can't afford too much of at.

    ~misfit~, Nov 6, 2011
  10. ~misfit~

    victor Guest

    On 5/11/2011 5:35 p.m., Gordon wrote:
    > On 2011-11-05, ~misfit~<> wrote:
    >> With my latest landline bill there's a flyer advertising 'Total Home Mobile'
    >> (THM) package. Apparently $99/month for "most Auck, Well, and CHCH suburbs"
    >> or $109 for other areas.

    > {snip} a darn good bit of deeper thinking than Telecom palnned for.
    >
    > A friend of mine commented some many moons ago that It all the same stuff
    > repackaged to look better. Its new so it has to be better Right? Yeah right!
    >
    > This plan to repackage the same total cost works for most "service" companies.
    > Banks, power, ISPs etc.
    >
    > The real question is it cheaper for me? Not, cool that looks great eh?

    They disguise the total cost by excluding the line rental.
    No matter how the government spins it Telecom still gets away with their
    $500 a year line charge, its still a monopoly.

    victor, Nov 6, 2011
  11. ~misfit~

    Donchano Guest

    On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 20:30:47 +1300, victor <> shouted
    from the highest rooftop:

    >On 5/11/2011 5:35 p.m., Gordon wrote:
    >> On 2011-11-05, ~misfit~<> wrote:
    >>> With my latest landline bill there's a flyer advertising 'Total Home Mobile'
    >>> (THM) package. Apparently $99/month for "most Auck, Well, and CHCH suburbs"
    >>> or $109 for other areas.

    >> {snip} a darn good bit of deeper thinking than Telecom palnned for.
    >>
    >> A friend of mine commented some many moons ago that It all the same stuff
    >> repackaged to look better. Its new so it has to be better Right? Yeah right!
    >>
    >> This plan to repackage the same total cost works for most "service" companies.
    >> Banks, power, ISPs etc.
    >>
    >> The real question is it cheaper for me? Not, cool that looks great eh?

    >They disguise the total cost by excluding the line rental.
    >No matter how the government spins it Telecom still gets away with their
    >$500 a year line charge, its still a monopoly.

    $500 a year line charge? We've never had an annual line charge like
    that. Can you please justifiy that claim?

    Donchano, Nov 6, 2011
  12. ~misfit~

    victor Guest

    On 6/11/2011 9:10 p.m., Donchano wrote:

    > On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 20:30:47 +1300, victor<> shouted
    > from the highest rooftop:

    >>> {snip} a darn good bit of deeper thinking than Telecom palnned for.
    >>>
    >>> A friend of mine commented some many moons ago that It all the same stuff
    >>> repackaged to look better. Its new so it has to be better Right? Yeah right!
    >>>
    >>> This plan to repackage the same total cost works for most "service" companies.
    >>> Banks, power, ISPs etc.
    >>>
    >>> The real question is it cheaper for me? Not, cool that looks great eh?

    >> They disguise the total cost by excluding the line rental.
    >> No matter how the government spins it Telecom still gets away with their
    >> $500 a year line charge, its still a monopoly.

    > $500 a year line charge? We've never had an annual line charge like
    > that. Can you please justifiy that claim?

    12 x the monthly charge.

    http://www.telecom.co.nz/phoneline/phoneline/connections/homeline

    Or is there some way of getting round that ?

    victor, Nov 6, 2011
  13. In article <j926ih$mrq$>,
    says...

    > With my latest landline bill there's a flyer advertising 'Total Home Mobile'
    > (THM) package. Apparently $99/month for "most Auck, Well, and CHCH suburbs"
    > or $109 for other areas.
    >
    > Broadband includes 20GB data with the option to add more 'to suit needs'.
    >
    > Landline is 29c/minute to Telecom mobiles, 38c/min to others. Unlimited
    > local calling and includes line rental.
    >
    > XT Mobile includes 300 txts a month 'free' and 29c/min to any NZ mobile or
    > landline. I don't have an 'XT mobile' but they give $50 off a handset of
    > choice for a 12-month contract.
    >
    > I currently pay:
    >
    > Telecom landline: $53.40
    > Actrix B/band [~50GB/month] $61.28*
    > 2º Mobile pre-pay ~$20/month**
    > Total $134.68/month

    I pay Actrix for landline rental + 20Gb/montly approx. $100, I pay an extra
    $3.50 for caller display and $13 for practically unliminted national calling to
    landlines. They're still cheaper than Telecom on call-to-mobile rates.

    We don't use mobiles, nor call them, unless there's no other option, they're
    all set up to scam people out of their money, i.m.o.

    Not having to deal with telecom is worth it i.m.o. since they have built such a
    bad rep with me.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Nov 6, 2011
  14. ~misfit~

    Donchano Guest

    On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 21:45:24 +1300, victor <> shouted
    from the highest rooftop:

    >On 6/11/2011 9:10 p.m., Donchano wrote:
    >>
    >> On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 20:30:47 +1300, victor<> shouted
    >> from the highest rooftop:

    >>> They disguise the total cost by excluding the line rental.
    >>> No matter how the government spins it Telecom still gets away with their
    >>> $500 a year line charge, its still a monopoly.

    >> $500 a year line charge? We've never had an annual line charge like
    >> that. Can you please justifiy that claim?
    >>

    >12 x the monthly charge.
    >
    >http://www.telecom.co.nz/phoneline/phoneline/connections/homeline
    >
    >Or is there some way of getting round that ?

    Sorry. I thought you were talking about the line maintenance
    "contract" - which, in our case, has gone up to $3.17mo.

    Donchano, Nov 6, 2011
  15. On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 21:45:24 +1300, victor <> wrote:

    >On 6/11/2011 9:10 p.m., Donchano wrote:
    >>
    >> On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 20:30:47 +1300, victor<> shouted
    >> from the highest rooftop:

    >>> They disguise the total cost by excluding the line rental.
    >>> No matter how the government spins it Telecom still gets away with their
    >>> $500 a year line charge, its still a monopoly.

    >> $500 a year line charge? We've never had an annual line charge like
    >> that. Can you please justifiy that claim?
    >>

    >12 x the monthly charge.
    >
    >http://www.telecom.co.nz/phoneline/phoneline/connections/homeline
    >
    >Or is there some way of getting round that ?

    Yes Telstra

    Frank Williams, Nov 6, 2011
  16. On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 10:29:39 +1300, Donchano
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 21:45:24 +1300, victor <> shouted
    >from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >>On 6/11/2011 9:10 p.m., Donchano wrote:
    >>>
    >>> On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 20:30:47 +1300, victor<> shouted
    >>> from the highest rooftop:

    >>> $500 a year line charge? We've never had an annual line charge like
    >>> that. Can you please justifiy that claim?
    >>>

    >>12 x the monthly charge.
    >>
    >>http://www.telecom.co.nz/phoneline/phoneline/connections/homeline
    >>
    >>Or is there some way of getting round that ?

    >Sorry. I thought you were talking about the line maintenance
    >"contract" - which, in our case, has gone up to $3.17mo.

    There is no need to pay that, did you not see Fair Go about it, its a
    Total con.

    Frank Williams, Nov 6, 2011
  17. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Peter Huebner wrote:
    > In article <j926ih$mrq$>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> With my latest landline bill there's a flyer advertising 'Total Home
    >> Mobile' (THM) package. Apparently $99/month for "most Auck, Well,
    >> and CHCH suburbs" or $109 for other areas.
    >>
    >> Broadband includes 20GB data with the option to add more 'to suit
    >> needs'.
    >>
    >> Landline is 29c/minute to Telecom mobiles, 38c/min to others.
    >> Unlimited local calling and includes line rental.
    >>
    >> XT Mobile includes 300 txts a month 'free' and 29c/min to any NZ
    >> mobile or landline. I don't have an 'XT mobile' but they give $50
    >> off a handset of choice for a 12-month contract.
    >>
    >> I currently pay:
    >>
    >> Telecom landline: $53.40
    >> Actrix B/band [~50GB/month] $61.28*
    >> 2º Mobile pre-pay ~$20/month**
    >> Total $134.68/month
    >>

    > I pay Actrix for landline rental + 20Gb/montly approx. $100, I pay an
    > extra $3.50 for caller display and $13 for practically unliminted
    > national calling to landlines. They're still cheaper than Telecom on
    > call-to-mobile rates.

    I have my tolls with Actrix too and agree, they have excellent rates.

    > We don't use mobiles, nor call them, unless there's no other option,
    > they're all set up to scam people out of their money, i.m.o.

    I consider a mobile a necessary evil. I have a 26 y/o car and, although I
    have a lot of confidence in it, you can never be *that* sure that it will
    keep going (<fingers crossed> it hasn't let me down yet, hope I didn't just
    jinx myself) although I don't really have anyone to call, except maybe a tow
    company.

    Also, sometimes I hurt my back so bad it drops me to my knees. So far I've
    managed to get up again within a period of time but, *damn!*, it really
    hurts and sometimes I wonder if I'll manage to get mobile again. Always
    having a cell in my hip pocket is a comfort. I do sometimes use texting as a
    means of communication which is much cheaper than calling on the cell,
    something I consider a last resort.

    When 2º had the $20/month got 200 (?) free texts (that expired in 30 days)
    and a reduced calling rate for 30 days I put $20 on my phone most months for
    the free texts and the odd call I made to a friend wgho doesn't have a
    landline. I had over $100 credit as, by using the free texts / reduced rates
    I didn't need to 'spend' much.

    Since they upped the minimum 'freebie' package to $30 I haven't topped up,
    prefering instead to use my accumulated credit. I keep a spreadsheet of my
    income / expenditure, hang-over from my days in business and a help in
    working out why I can't afford to eat meat, and it tells me there's no way I
    can afford the $30/month needed to get the 2º freebies without giving
    up..... Shit! I've given up smoking, drinking, eating meat, had the dog put
    down, don't go out socialising... I've run out of things to give up!

    I was *so* annoyed with 2º for raising it from $20 to $30. It suited me
    before. I suspect that their motivation was to get people onto monthly plans
    as they have (had) one that, at $29/month, gave /way/ more freebies than
    prepay. I might have to look at it again but, at a time when W&I are trying
    to reduce my benefit, it's a hard sell.

    > Not having to deal with telecom is worth it i.m.o. since they have
    > built such a bad rep with me.

    I feel much the same Peter. My time with Xtra as an ISP, first on dial-up,
    then going back to them when they had the only ADSL in the country, was a
    nightmare. I only considered it as I remember EMB (I think it was) saying
    that they'd got a lot better of late and, at first glance it seemed that I'd
    be able to save money by moving to Telecom. <shrug>

    Hope you're well.

    ~misfit~, Nov 6, 2011
  18. In article <j926ih$mrq$>, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    (snip)

    ><going a little OT>
    >
    >Ok, sorry, as you were. That seems like it was an excercise in futility. As
    >it is W&I reduced my benefit by $11/week in September and said at that time
    >they're going to reduce it a further $30/week, (I can't remember if it was
    >in 3 months or 6 months as I was in shock). Since September my credit card
    >debts have crept up a little, I didn't have an 'wiggle room' on my previous
    >benefit level and it's starting to show :-( . When they drop me by another
    >$30 (if I can't head it off) a warm bath with a razor and/or a hairdrier
    >might be nice.

    ... hopefully for the deciders of the stupidity ? :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 7, 2011
  19. In article <j959i7$6m9$>, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >Somewhere on teh intarwebs Richard wrote:
    >> On 11/6/2011 12:33 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>
    >>> Heh! Yep. It's no problem to pay separate bills (a reason I keep
    >>> hearing from folks who have everything with one vendor) if you're
    >>> getting more for your $ by doing so. Five minutes doing on-line
    >>> banking and it's taken care of. I can never understand the rationale
    >>> behind the "Oh, it's much easier to pay one bill a month" crap
    >>> personally. It shows a lazy or disorganised mind IMO.

    >> You get things slightly cheaper that way, since if your sky is
    >> invoiced to your phone account, they are more likly to get paid since
    >> peoples phone is more essental than sky so will get paid first. Put
    >> the sky on the phone account and then it needs to be paid too or the
    >> phone gets cut off.

    >I don't know about Sky on the phone bill but I do know that the phone always
    >gets paid on time here. I was two days late paying Telecom one month last
    >year and they added $15 'late fees'! I can't afford too much of at.

    Perhaps a direct debit/auto payment is a good option for you ? Might cost a
    buck or 3 to set up depending on who you bank with.

    As to the fee you have been charged, and assuming you usually pay on time,
    it's worth writing to ask for a refund. No try no win. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 7, 2011
  20. In article <>, Peter Huebner <> wrote:
    (snip)

    >Not having to deal with telecom is worth it i.m.o. since they have built su=
    >ch a=20
    >bad rep with me.

    Agreed, tho I'm sure actrix have to pay telecom, I welcome the opportunity
    to give telecom none of my money directly. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 7, 2011