Current Free Calls to Mobiles Deals / Operators

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by News Reader, Mar 16, 2007.

  1. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Hi,

    I am interested in which deals / operators currently provide free calls to
    (UK) mobiles. I understand the following are some, I was / am hoping others
    can let me know of any others:

    - Orange [using LiveBox] - free calls to Orange Mobiles
    - Talk Talk [using a TalkTalk landline and TalkTalk Mobile] - free calls
    between the paired (or any TalkTalk landline?] and a correctly funded
    TalkTalk mobile

    Their used to be a deal with onetel, similar to the Talk Talk package I
    understand, where a One Tel customer with a One Tel mobile could call to /
    from their One Tel mobile and landline free.

    All thoughts and input appreciated.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Mar 16, 2007

  2. News Reader

    Ivor Jones Guest

    News Reader" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >

    > I am interested in which deals / operators currently
    > provide free calls to (UK) mobiles. I understand the
    > following are some, I was / am hoping others can let me
    > know of any others:

    Off topic in all groups except uk.telecom.mobile - why the cross
    posting..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 16, 2007

  3. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > News Reader" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>

    >> I am interested in which deals / operators currently
    >> provide free calls to (UK) mobiles. I understand the
    >> following are some, I was / am hoping others can let me
    >> know of any others:

    > Off topic in all groups except uk.telecom.mobile - why the cross
    > posting..?
    >
    > Ivor

    On topic in all groups.

    Different readers in different groups now specifics and specials in
    different / each area. I.e. those in uk.telecom may know about PSTN based
    packages, those in broadband or voip may know about packages specific in
    those areas; similarly VoIP.

    Sorry to have confused / etc. you. / If this was not self-evident, etc.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Mar 16, 2007
  4. News Reader

    Panda Guest

    On Mar 16, 4:05 am, "News Reader" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am interested in which deals / operators currently provide free calls to
    > (UK) mobiles. I understand the following are some, I was / am hoping others
    > can let me know of any others:
    >
    > - Orange [using LiveBox] - free calls to Orange Mobiles
    > - Talk Talk [using a TalkTalk landline and TalkTalk Mobile] - free calls
    > between the paired (or any TalkTalk landline?] and a correctly funded
    > TalkTalk mobile
    >
    > Their used to be a deal with onetel, similar to the Talk Talk package I
    > understand, where a One Tel customer with a One Tel mobile could call to /
    > from their One Tel mobile and landline free.
    >
    > All thoughts and input appreciated.
    >
    > Best wishes,
    >
    > News Reader

    Hi,

    You can still check Gizmo project, they are offering free land line
    and mobile in more than 60 countries , you can check if UK is one of
    them.

    www.networkingland.com/voip_special.htm

    Panda,
    www.networkingland.com
    Panda, Mar 21, 2007
  5. News Reader

    Brian A Guest

    On 21 Mar 2007 00:44:24 -0700, "Panda" <> wrote:

    >On Mar 16, 4:05 am, "News Reader" <> wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am interested in which deals / operators currently provide free calls to
    >> (UK) mobiles. I understand the following are some, I was / am hoping others
    >> can let me know of any others:
    >>
    >> - Orange [using LiveBox] - free calls to Orange Mobiles
    >> - Talk Talk [using a TalkTalk landline and TalkTalk Mobile] - free calls
    >> between the paired (or any TalkTalk landline?] and a correctly funded
    >> TalkTalk mobile
    >>
    >> Their used to be a deal with onetel, similar to the Talk Talk package I
    >> understand, where a One Tel customer with a One Tel mobile could call to /
    >> from their One Tel mobile and landline free.
    >>
    >> All thoughts and input appreciated.
    >>
    >> Best wishes,
    >>
    >> News Reader

    >Hi,
    >
    >You can still check Gizmo project, they are offering free land line
    >and mobile in more than 60 countries , you can check if UK is one of
    >them.
    >
    >www.networkingland.com/voip_special.htm
    >
    >Panda,
    >www.networkingland.com

    The free calls are only to 'active' Gizmo users who have registered
    their phone numbers. It is not possible to call just any number in the
    listed countries. Sorry to dissapoint if you thought otherwise.

    Pastes from the Gizmo site:-

    "... you can then dial the "home phone" or "mobile phone" numbers they
    have added into their Gizmo Project profile. That call will be free
    provided (a) you both are active Gizmo Project users, and (b) are
    calling a qualifying number in one of the 60 countries for which the
    plan is offered."

    'Active' users are defined as:-

    "An active user is one who regularly uses several communication
    features in Gizmo Project including:

    Making PC-to-PC calls
    Inviting friends to download and use Gizmo Project, encouraging them
    to put their telephone numbers (landline and mobile) into their
    profile
    Adding those friends to their buddy list
    Sending instant messages (IMs) between users
    Making online purchases periodically (for identity verification) "
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Mar 21, 2007