    going on? Is it just another way to trim fat on the part of the big
    corporations? There are just certain things that shoudn't be skimped on
    such as real sugar, real cheese and DVD covers!
    ChopTop, Apr 9, 2006

  2. "ChopTop" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone else noticed how all new DVD covers look like crap? I noticed
    > this at first in Blockbuster about a year ago on the low budget straight
    > to video horror flicks, but these days ALL new dvds get the super crappy
    > cover designs that make them all seem like straight to videos. What is
    > going on? Is it just another way to trim fat on the part of the big
    > corporations? There are just certain things that shoudn't be skimped on
    > such as real sugar, real cheese and DVD covers!

    and "real" coca-cola. Not that "new coke" crap! After all, Coca-Cola is
    supposed to be the real thing. Now they have an expensive coffee selling at
    a buck a bottle. Can you believe it?

    Crappy DVD covers? No, I really haven't noticed.
    Bernie Woodham, Apr 10, 2006

  3. ChopTop

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 06:25:56 GMT, Bernie Woodham <> wrote:

    >"ChopTop" <> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone else noticed how all new DVD covers look like crap? I noticed
    >> this at first in Blockbuster about a year ago on the low budget straight
    >> to video horror flicks, but these days ALL new dvds get the super crappy
    >> cover designs that make them all seem like straight to videos. What is
    >> going on? Is it just another way to trim fat on the part of the big
    >> corporations? There are just certain things that shoudn't be skimped on
    >> such as real sugar, real cheese and DVD covers!

    >and "real" coca-cola. Not that "new coke" crap! After all, Coca-Cola is
    >supposed to be the real thing. Now they have an expensive coffee selling at
    >a buck a bottle. Can you believe it?

    >Crappy DVD covers? No, I really haven't noticed.

    They're too small for any decent artwork.
    AZ Nomad, Apr 10, 2006
  4. ChopTop

    unclejr Guest

    AZ Nomad wrote:
    > They're too small for any decent artwork.

    Aha! One reason why LaserDisc and vinyl are better than DVD and CD,
    respectively...

    -Junior
    unclejr, Apr 10, 2006