    Walter
    The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net
    -

    Iconoclast, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Iconoclast

    Harvey Guest

    Assuming your battery tester puts a fixed load, like 300 to 500 ma on the
    battery, and you read the voltage, that still does not tell you how much
    capacity is left before you need to recharge. Most batteries have rather
    flat discharge curves, that is they maintain a fairly high voltage until the
    end, when the curve drops off the cliff. A simple load test does not tell
    much except, yes this is a seemingly good battery at some point in its
    discharge cycle.

    Notwithstanding all those limitations, a reasonable test is to load the
    battery at 1/10th the ampere hour rating. For example, if the battery were
    rated at 1200 mah, then test at 120 ma, or for a 1.2 volt battery, measure
    the voltage across a 10 ohm resistor. In that case a charged battery will
    read about 1.0 to 1.2 volts.

    Harvey, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Iconoclast

    Iconoclast Guest

    Thanks, Harvey

    Iconoclast, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Iconoclast

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi...

    I'd be happy to measure for you, but....

    When? Moving the lens out or not? Focus motor moving or
    not? Flash charging, or?? efv on or off? Display on or...

    See the problems? :)

    And even if you somehow averaged that all out, using
    nimh's you'd still be nowhere. The internal impedance is
    so low that they'll check 100% one minute and flat the next.

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Dec 20, 2003