    Is this feasible?? Or is this exclusive to a different OS??

    I just bught and built an amd 64x2, 1GB RAM.

    Thanks in advance and have a great weekend

    Rich Lehman, Feb 11, 2006

  2. The group is actually OS, rather than processor centred, as is your
    question - I think you find more respons in the [ windowsxp.general ] group.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 11, 2006

  3. Rich Lehman

    Rich Lehman Guest

    Really? My question is cpu centered? How? Because I mentioned WHAT my cpu
    is?
    No, my question IS OS related. And since it would appear that youdont
    understand the question, please do not reply to it

    Rich Lehman, Feb 11, 2006
  4. Rich Lehman

    Rick Guest

    You also stated you are not running Win x64. This is the Win x64 OS
    group. That's why it has "windows.64bit" in the group name.

    Rick, Feb 11, 2006
  5. You might also want to try:
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 11, 2006
  6. Rich Lehman

    Rich Lehman Guest

    Yes I did post it here, because I havent FOUND an xp ONLY. And whther it is
    32 or 64 bit wont matter in regards to multihoming or load balancing

    Rich Lehman, Feb 11, 2006
  7. Rich Lehman

    Rich Lehman Guest

    Thank you andre..all I was seeing the past few days was references to xp in
    foreign languages

    Rich Lehman, Feb 11, 2006
  8. Rich Lehman

    Rick Guest

    Well, Microsoft said when they set this group that it was for 64-bit only.

    Win XP 32-bit does not belong in this group! It doesn't make any
    difference how many CPUs you have, this is not for 32-bit Windows!

    Rick, Feb 11, 2006
  9. Sometimes you have to reset the list, if you are using a dedicated news
    reader such as Outlook Express. Hope you get answer to your query though. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 11, 2006
  10. Rich Lehman

    Rick Guest

    You need to learn how to subscribe to newgroups.

    I just counted 27 different groups for Windows XP.

    I'm sure you can find something related to your situation in at least
    one of those groups.

    Rick, Feb 11, 2006
  11. Rich Lehman

    Rich Lehman Guest

    Man you gotta get over yourself

    And like I said, it doesn't matter if it is 32 or 64 bit windows.

    If I never mentioned it being one or the other do you have an ACTUAL answer
    to the question?? If not keep it shut

    Rich Lehman, Feb 12, 2006
  12. Rich Lehman

    Rick Guest

    So who died and left you in charge?

    This is a Microsoft newsgroup, not Rich Lehman's; so you don't make the
    rules! Microsoft makes the rules and Microsoft set this up for 64-bit
    Windows!

    Apparently you think you're the one that's better than anyone else.
    You're the one saying you don't care who set the group and what they
    said, because you're going to damn well do whatever you damn well please!

    Rick, Feb 12, 2006
  13. Rich Lehman

    Rich Lehman Guest

    Nobody left me in charge and im not making the rules. Are you associated
    with MS???

    All I asked was whether or not I could have multiple nics be used for load
    balancing. It is a moot point what the OS version is that I use. And in fact
    I didn't stipulate if it was 32 or 64. It reads as;
    Ok, I know you can configure xp pro for your email, ftp, http services
    on your ethernet.
    Instead of jumping to conclusions on which I have just answer the question.
    It is a yes or no

    Is that how you help people? Tell them to go ask somewhere else because
    there is a rule.

    I also did mention I could not find a newsgroup for win xp exlusively so I
    figured xp pro 64 users would know, assuming them to be more knowledgeable

    Rich Lehman, Feb 12, 2006
  14. Rich Lehman

    Rick Guest

    Have you tried looking through the server groups? To me this would be a
    good place to look since they have been using multiple core CPUs longer
    than most would have been in this group.

    I would also think servers would be more likely to have multiple NICs.

    Rick, Feb 12, 2006
  15. Whatever you do, stay away from the 64-bit xp pro.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlzZ3VzdGVk?=, Feb 13, 2006